marlin 22 surpressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    {tongue-in-cheek mode - ON} Media term - "silencer", a device that apparently only bad guys use, and it completely erases any gunshot, firearms action sounds (if you believe Hollywood and politicians). {tongue-in-cheek mode - OFF}

Industry term - "suppressor", a device used to reduce (suppress) the muzzle flash and sound signature of the cartridge ignition (does not affect any sonic boom of supersonic projectiles).

Regardless, the device is still regulated by the ATF under the NFA and requires paperwork, time and $200 each if you don't want a vacation in Club Fed.

ETA: Proper indicator tags.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I see what you did there.

Is there anyway I can get a supressor not a silencer? I want it to fit my marlin 22lr.

Attachments

• bottle (800x599).jpg
      bottle (800x599).jpg
      31.3 KB · Views: 319

cowdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Add in the terms moderator and muffler; and I think we're missing another terminology.

Have a competent gunsmith or send it off to a well known respected company to have your Marlin barrel threaded for 1/2-28 threads, 0.400 length iirc; with a thread protector.
    The tube magazine will probably have to be removed for the threading process. Be sure you request that the threads be cut concentric to the rifle bore for a suppressor, very important.

Order your suppressor asap.
    There are many good suppressors out there; SWR Spectre II, Silencerco Sparrow s/s, Huntertown Arms Guardian s/s, Liberty Kodiak TL, Thompson Machine Isis22 & Zephyr XL or the CHD, Gemtech Alpine, Outback IID, or G5-22, AAC Prodigy or Element II; and a number of other companies.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Depending on magazine length it may need to be modified as well. Not sure what model he has but my mod. 60 has the mag and barrel at the same length. The suppressor would likely bind against the magazine before being fully seated and that would also cause a minor problem reloading, like having to remove the can to reload. :/

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You can get an adapter to make screwing the suppressor on and off easier, I just can't remember who makes it or maybe it was a custom deal. I ended up just buying a Sig 522 to use as a host but still haven't ordered the suppressor. I might do that next month if I can find a decent deal on one.

Looks like this

model60_03_cropLarge.jpg

model60_04_cropLarge.jpg

Found the thread with the pictures: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=20&t=320360

You don't see this setup very often. Marlin Model 60 with an AAC Prodigy.

The AAC suppressor uses an interrupted thread for fast-attach capability. In this case the barrel needed to be threaded .5x28 and the fast-attach adapter installed. The adapter allows the suppressor to be installed with a quick quarter turn.

Last edited:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I could be wrong but looks like you'd still have to remove it to reload..I'm sure someone could make a smaller suppressor that's the same diameter as the barrel though...maybe?

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Yea I think you do have to remove it to reload but I've seen some pictures where people had to bend the magazine tube out of the way for the suppressor to fit. I've even seen some custom jobs where they cut the tube down a bit to get one to fit. Suppressors and tube fed guns just don't mix IMO better off with something like the 522 previously mentioned or a 15/22 or something. The extra money you spend is saved since you don't have to have the barrel threaded and reloading is so much easier than removing the suppressor every time.

Here's the thread where someone bent the tube to clear the suppressor for reloads. Hate the way it looks but it's an option.

http://arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=161438

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Can't find the pictures of where someone shortened the magazine tube but they're out there. A year or so ago when I first decided to go suppressed 22 I did a bunch of research as I own two model 60's :) Quite possibly my favorite gun of the collection. And it turns out it was just smarter to go "tactical" 22 as a host and I went with the 522.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom