New Orleans Aquarium Conceal Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I love how the outlook on New Orleans is the "Wild West" or something. lol. I've lived here my whole life... I carry, but its not like I'm in fear of my life at every stop sign, every walk down the street (now, I do know WHERE and WHEN to walk), etc. Simple rules my friends... but it's not even like you can sit outside and hear gunshots echo through the streets... Rare if at all!

Don't try to access the Aquarium at 3am and you'll be fine! haha.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    New Orleans is less than desirable. It's not all bad, but there are parts of town I wouldn't walk on the sidewalk, and even more parts I avoid at night.

My point exactly... know where you can/can't... should/shouldn't go... just like any other city.

Don't get me wrong though... the city sucks! They need to just shut 'er down and move on. I'm thinking about making the move... just for business and person reasons.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    My point exactly... know where you can/can't... should/shouldn't go... just like any other city.

Don't get me wrong though... the city sucks! They need to just shut 'er down and move on. I'm thinking about making the move... just for business and person reasons.

Moving was the best thing I ever did. Baton Rouge is no better though, so I ended up where the rich old white people from New Orleans end up.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Moving was the best thing I ever did. Baton Rouge is no better though, so I ended up where the rich old white people from New Orleans end up.

I guess I missed out on the "rich and the old" part. But I still have my white privilege... for whatever that's worth.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    the city sucks! They need to just shut 'er down and move on.

You got that part right. I moved out of the New Orleans after growing up, owning a business and started to raise a family there. I moved out in 1997 and have not looked back. I really hate going back, even to visit my dad. I moved to Denham Springs but work in Baton Rouge. I carry everywhere I go whether in Denham, Baton Rouge or New Orleans because you just don't know when the low life will show it's ugly head.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I guess I missed out on the "rich and the old" part. But I still have my white privilege... for whatever that's worth.

I suppose the old were segregated once "da storm victims" gentrified the area, but the rich are still prominent.

Now if those stupid St. Paul's kids would stop bringing drug dealers over here, we'd be alright :rofl:

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    I know it's been said about the insectisarium but when the missus and I made the trek down there we parked a ways away and walked to it. I had a box cutter I keep in my all the time and they were going to let me in at all. I offered to remove the blade and leave it but the lady, who is missing a great opportunity to be a DMV worker, was against it.
    I guess her counterpart must have been her superior because he let us go on through...I hate to say it but I was getting upset about it haha

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I know it's been said about the insectisarium but when the missus and I made the trek down there we parked a ways away and walked to it. I had a box cutter I keep in my all the time and they were going to let me in at all. I offered to remove the blade and leave it but the lady, who is missing a great opportunity to be a DMV worker, was against it.
    I guess her counterpart must have been her superior because he let us go on through...I hate to say it but I was getting upset about it haha

What...

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Was wondering this same question. Going there with family today, hope nothing has changed wish me luck. 7/19/20
    Update: it was fine, completely hassle free.

Last edited:

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    WW2 Museum. On the door to the US Freedom Pavillion:The Boeing Center. This was taken February 24, 2018. Just don't open carry.

8337701eac49cb76c4cd26cba94e9867.jpg
    51c1afae26c7689fcdf3f88e9e017456.jpg

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.
    Sooo, does this mean the museum sells alcohol for on-prem consumption?

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Sooo, does this mean the museum sells alcohol for on-prem consumption?

They do, but I thought the restaurants where not licensed as bars. But, there is a meeting/party/whatever room in there that possibly has that particular flavor of license for?

Either way, it says pretty specifically *open*. I concealed carry in there every time I go and never had a problem. Never saw signs on the doors I entered. It’s been about 4 years since I’ve been though.

altimar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Lafayette
    Bumping an old thread...

Anyone been to the aquarium or insectarium recently? I understand they are in the same building as of a month or two ago.

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    I went a couple weekends ago. They are both in the same building. When you go up to the top of the stairs, to the right is the insectarium and the left is the aquarium.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I love how the outlook on New Orleans is the "Wild West" or something. lol. I've lived here my whole life... I carry, but its not like I'm in fear of my life at every stop sign, every walk down the street (now, I do know WHERE and WHEN to walk), etc. Simple rules my friends... but it's not even like you can sit outside and hear gunshots echo through the streets... Rare if at all!

Don't try to access the Aquarium at 3am and you'll be fine! haha.
    Ahhhhh, how five years have changed. I'll bet this didnt age well.

Top Bottom