Caught the FAL Fever

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    I caught the fever in 1982 with a Belgian 50.00. I kept the fever at bay up to the late 90's then started buying and building them StG kits for a couple of years , then caught the G1 kit bug a couple of years ago.
    :D

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I can certainly understand that it's quite contagious. I can't wait to build my first FAL with KajunTriton, from a British L1A1 kit. I certainly hope I haven't put him off with my almost endless questions! :run:

There's just so much to learn and take in so that I can help others in the future too! We know they'll always be others because of course, the contagiousness!

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    This so called addiction you guys speak of is ONLY a MYTH! ;)

I have a couple FAL riFAL's......Its only what you make of it....I can stop anytime I wish! :rolleyes:
    In fact I am delivering my latest build.......a BGS over to rockmup this morning to have refinished in gun metal blue....pics in a couple weeks....:)

Also EonDresari, you are fine, as I have told you ANY questions I can help out with and any bit of knowledge I may have about these, (as limited as it may be)......I am ALWAYS willing to listen and share verbally as well as hands on!!!
    KT

Last edited:

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks very much KT, you've been extremely helpful over the past few months, and by working with me have really helped facilitate my move into the world of FAL.
    Really looking forward to putting the L1A1 together! While I play the waiting game, I'm trying to practice self control and not start imagining putting a camo'd Rhodie or SA together until at least a few months after I've recovered from the L1A1 build. :doh:

Last edited:

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My son asked to borrow the STG last week and I said "no can do", but you can borrow anything else. I'm afraid I'm becoming overly possessive of the FAL; I may need an intervention. Perhaps acquiring a G1 will dilute this singular attachment.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    My son asked to borrow the STG last week and I said "no can do", but you can borrow anything else. I'm afraid I'm becoming overly possessive of the FAL; I may need an intervention. Perhaps acquiring a G1 will dilute this singular attachment.

I know the feeling........it happens when you ONY have one or two of a certain prized weapon..... ;)

KT

81HarleyRydr

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Thanks very much KT, you've been extremely helpful over the past few months, and by working with me have really helped facilitate my move into the world of FAL.
    Really looking forward to putting the L1A1 together! While I play the waiting game, I'm trying to practice self control and not start imagining putting a camo'd Rhodie or SA together until at least a few months after I've recovered from the L1A1 build. :doh:

Yeah scary how he has passed his addiction on to a few of us here yet he so boldly refers to it as only a passion. Ha Ha that's crap.

Top Bottom