Review: Tac Force Small Range Bag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FG2guy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Mods, please put in correct location if need be.

Well guys and gals, I have decided to contribute a little to my BS.com community. I would like to share my input on a Tac Force Small Range Bag that I had purchased yesterday.

Being a new shooter and having all the right gear for a day of fun is critical to me. Thus, having a bag that carries everything you need and more is a necessity to me and as to any other OCD shooter. Prior to purchasing a the range bag I had all of my gear (safety glasses, ear plugs, ammo, holster, etc.) in a green Cabela's shopping bag along with my factory case for my Glock 23. This was somewhat embarrassing to carry around and a PITA to find anything.

Anyway, the range bag I decided to go with is the TAC FORCE small (...don't let the word small fool you) range bag. I based this decision on some key aspects--cost, size, quality, and function. With that being said, I will outline these aspects based on my findings.

First, cost. In my quest to find a heavy duty, cheap, and medium sized range bag I found that as cost goes down, quality of materials begins to suffer. I had looked and researched bags that were ~$40 and found the thickness of the material used and the size of the zippers to be small and sub-par to what I was looking for. Thus, as with any good product you have to spend a little more to get a little more. I bought the Tac Force at Jim's for a little over $76 including tax. Though, I did find this same bag online for about $48-55 without shipping. In my guess, shipping would be about $10-12 plus the time to wait if they even had it in stock (as I write this I find that tacticalcity.com and Amazon have them in stock for pretty cheap, o well). So for a sub-$80 bag that's bigger than I need and very good quality I find that Tac Force is the way to go.

On to size. Even though this is Tac Force's "small" bag, it is bigger than expected.
    Here's a list of things I have in it as of now:
    -Front Compartment: Glock 23, 2x 13 rd. mags, 5x 15 rd. mags.
    -Right Compartment: Blackhawk Serpa holster with paddle and belt attachment,3 more 15 rd. mags.
    -Left Compartment: Cleaning patches, set of bore brushes/patch loops/bore mops, Solvent, Lube, and two cleaning rods.
    -Back Compartment: Room for another medium to small framed handgun and & mags (soon to be occupied :p :D).
    -Main Compartment: Bilsom earmuffs, 2 sets of shooting glasses, 8x 50 rnd. boxes of ammo (not shown), rags, microfiber cloth, earplugs, and room for much more.
    Tac Force specs:
    • 1473 Cu. in.
    • 18" x 14" x 9"
    • Pistol sleeve 13" x 6"
    • Two lockable pistol compartments with removable sleeves
    • Includes configurable padded dividers
    • Great two pistol gear bag with multiple compartments
    • Can accommodate most small to medium duty pistols
    • Available Colors: Black, OD Green, Desert Tan, ACU, Digital Woodland & Digital Desert Tan
    • Detachable padded pouch and compartment dividers for custom configurations

Third, quality. Let me begin by saying that I will have this thing for a looooonnng time. Thus, quality is a big plus for me. The material used for the whole bag is a thick and rugged nylon/polyester material that is Teflon coated for protection from rain and snow. All of the attachments, such as zippers, latches and loops are all metal, the inside of all the pockets feel padded, and the carry straps and zipper lanyards feel indestructible. The critical point of the bag, the bottom, is reinforced to keep the bag's shape and rigidness.

Finally, function. What more can I say. It holds everything I need for a day (maybe week :D) at the range for two people. Now, the question is what gun should I buy to fill that other compartment???:confused::p

Cliff Notes:
    Pros-
    = Heavy Duty
    = Big
    = Functional
    = Many Features
    Cons-
    = A little pricey at local retailers.

Crappy Pics:

nej6yi1udohe0f9pvbz.jpg

m1bivsl2jf0sgao17h2i.jpg

naf508b6miwn9vrzo96i.jpg

s2my9a0nez7zh700nyei.jpg
    \

zq0fxnftunlm0v9tbilk.jpg

3mfcb80qtx3qkonc2sif.jpg

o5j6z73cosackg2sko3.jpg

rrc3h2fsdvm18ezqw1ua.jpg

94vczm65sgqx2lcsgui.jpg

xirq2f15xoluj85tac.jpg

Thanks for looking, I hope I've helped a little. :wavey:

Last edited:

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    cool,how much for the bag?? ive been looking at making some of the maxpedition bags a range bag,but this one looks like agood bag

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have the excat same bag in reen. i like it a lot, but the one thing I do not like is it will not allow me to place a manilka folder inside. I carry paper targets to the range, and the design of the pockets will not allow for it. Ither than that, it is extrememly durable and I like the abundance of magazine holders. I am probably going to get the medium, or large as my primary bag, and keep the small as an ammo bag or something.

if you do not carry a lot of extra crap like I do, it is a great bag for the price.

FG2guy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    cool,how much for the bag?? ive been looking at making some of the maxpedition bags a range bag,but this one looks like agood bag

I highly recommend Tac Force, They make outstanding products.:)
    I bought this bag at Jim's Firearms for $76.24 OTD, but you can find them for $48-50 on Amazon and TacticalCity w/o shipping.

I have the excat same bag in reen. i like it a lot, but the one thing I do not like is it will not allow me to place a manilka folder inside. I carry paper targets to the range, and the design of the pockets will not allow for it. Ither than that, it is extrememly durable and I like the abundance of magazine holders. I am probably going to get the medium, or large as my primary bag, and keep the small as an ammo bag or something.

if you do not carry a lot of extra crap like I do, it is a great bag for the price.

I hear ya, the only thing I cannot carry in it are my B-27E PROS silhouette targets, o well I guess that is what other hand is for. ;)

Top Bottom