Just realized

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I joined and didn't do an into.

So .....

Hi ... from LA. That's the LA. with TX. beside us. The LA that allows guns :p

After a situation some time ago we had decided to pick up a gun and finally got around to it in the new year.

The advice I was given by several highly qualified and experienced people was to go with a 19 gen 3 with Trijicon sights, even from someone who carried a Beretta through his combat career. His 'go-to' gun is currently a 19, which he goes to about 500 times a week.

I looked at several manufacturers, and had to look long and hard to go past the Beretta 92. Ex. gunsmith I work with suggested a Sig. Another friend a Taurus.

Ended up with a 17 Gen 3 with Trijicon sights. I tried the 19 but my hand size just didn't quite fit. To get my little finger under the grip I had to hold it slightly low on the beavertail. If I held it with the heel of my thumb snug to it my little finger fell right on the ridge at the bottom of the grip. The 17 being a 1/2" taller made all the difference. None were as comfortable as the Beretta though. I went with 9 in the end because it was the cheapest to feed. Some say that it's a bad decision to base caliber on ammo cost, but really, practice, practice and placement because of that practice makes a well placed 9 more lethal than a lucky hit with a 45.

I've had it 7 weeks and it's had 2 rounds through it - the 2 proofing rounds.

I have 700 rds on hand - just need to make time to get to a range.

Glockrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    First thing is to figure out to use it left or right handed.

Left eye dominate, shoot rifles left-handed but a sidearm feels about equally comfortable in either hand.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    First thing is to figure out to use it left or right handed.

Left eye dominate, shoot rifles left-handed but a sidearm feels about equally comfortable in either hand.

Learn both. This might come in VERY handy (no pun intended) one day....

....And, WELCOME ABOARD!! :cheers:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Welcome aboard.
    Go over all your manipulations-draw, reload, clear malfunctions, reholster and do some shooting. You will probably be more comfortable one way over the other.

Top Bottom