Left handed leather holster Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deepsouthshooter

Not a Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    I have had zero luck finding a left handed brown leather holster for a 1911 commander.

Every manufacturer/on-line retailer I have found has none in stock and no reliable estimation on restocking.

I really cannot afford a $100 or more custom holster (which is why I have not pursued the custom route thus far), and I would like something sooner than "4 weeks to infinity"

Any recommendations either in the Baton Rouge-Prairieville area on an on-line place that actually has one in stock-ready to ship?

I hate not having a holster.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

:cheers:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Ferrara Leather here in BR. I think most of his holsters run around $80.

http://ferraraleather.com/

I have been waiting for an excuse to wrap up my S&W Gunsite edition commander 1911. OWB start at $60, IWB at $75. Usually takes a few weeks, but we just made just about every holster left on my list today... I have lots of holsters to finish and ship out. We were trying to clear up leather orders to dedicate some days 100% to bullets, but seems like as soon as we catch up a new flood of orders comes in. Thank goodness for Ashley to keep things rolling.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Go to the Bianchi and/or Safariland holster web site and click on holster selector, upper right hand of page , select Colt and 1911 model and leather material. It will show all the different models available in right and left hand. I clicked on the first model , model 19 holster, left hand, a description and a " buy at holsters.com ( that icon appears in middle of the page) I clicked on it and it went to holsters.com and the left hand holster was in stock , listed for $64.95. Check this site, more may be available because they are affialiated with the maker. Left handed holster's are probably very hard to get. I went to Cabela's looking for a holster and they had nothing on the holster shelves...I'm talking zip, nada, nothing.
    Gary

Bog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    Slidell Louisiana
    Years ago I learned to make my own left handed leather goods. I think Tandys Leather is still around. Hobby is not cheap, you end up with it the way you want it !!!

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I have had zero luck finding a left handed brown leather holster for a 1911 commander.

Every manufacturer/on-line retailer I have found has none in stock and no reliable estimation on restocking.

I really cannot afford a $100 or more custom holster (which is why I have not pursued the custom route thus far), and I would like something sooner than "4 weeks to infinity"

Any recommendations either in the Baton Rouge-Prairieville area on an on-line place that actually has one in stock-ready to ship?

This posting is six plus (6+) years old.....did you find what you were looking for??

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA

Try Wilson Combat website. They had a few LH for Full size.. might have some for CDR size

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom