Loctite C5-A, the lube of the gods!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    A few of you have already responded wanting to pay me, or reinburse me, or offer me something in trade for the freebie. I don't want or need anything from those who PM'd me with your address.

As I mentioned, this is a nice way of giving back to the inmates here. If there is one thing you could do for me to pay me back, it would be for you to do something nice for a stranger at some point this week without expecting anything in return.

Now if I could only keep the damned kids outta my yard!!!

Dirty

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    PM sent
    Just as a follow up any samples of the food grade anti seize would be Killer!

I'm not sure how its measured but for a lack of better terms do you know the practical size of the copper base VS the lithium base?

Copper Anti-Seize is the freebie du jour-Food Grade isn't on the free menu today. We do have a food grade anti-seize so PM me with a contact name and telephone so we can talk it through.

I'm not real sure of the question regarding a copper-based vs. a lithium base. Copper is a metal, lithium is used as a soap in greases. Reasons for choosing one over the other boil down to chemical compatibility, soap compatibility, process chemicals, k factor, temperature requirements, etc., etc., etc. I am willing to talk it through with you though. Knowledge is power, and we all bring a value or specialized knowledge of some sort to the members Bayou Shooter.

Dirty

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Copper Anti-Seize is the freebie du jour-Food Grade isn't on the free menu today. We do have a food grade anti-seize so PM me with a contact name and telephone so we can talk it through.

I'm not real sure of the question regarding a copper-based vs. a lithium base. Copper is a metal, lithium is used as a soap in greases. Reasons for choosing one over the other boil down to chemical compatibility, soap compatibility, process chemicals, k factor, temperature requirements, etc., etc., etc. I am willing to talk it through with you though. Knowledge is power, and we all bring a value or specialized knowledge of some sort to the members Bayou Shooter.

Dirty

Dirty, you are the man!

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    Thanks Dirty. Lube samples arrived on Monday. I paid it forward twice on Sunday.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have been using products like this for about 50 years but never saw a Pistol application. I did use some on the threads of a spark plug today as I have done forever.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I have been using products like this for about 50 years but never saw a Pistol application. I did use some on the threads of a spark plug today as I have done forever.

JBP-I'm not singling you out here, so please don't take it that way. This should be treated as a learning experience for all of us.

I worked for Loctite for 10 years before I learned from one of our Application Engineers that a copper based anti-seize should never be used on aluminum. Galvanic corrosion happens because copper and aluminum don't play well together.

I had been using a copper anti-seize on spark plugs since I got my first bubble tank Honda 50 mini bike back in the early 70's but no one ever told me about galvanic corrosion. Google it if you want to learn more.

All of us....use anything but a copper based thread lubricant on spark plugs threaded into aluminum heads-so say the nerds in the know.

Dirty

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    JBP-I'm not singling you out here, so please don't take it that way. This should be treated as a learning experience for all of us.

I worked for Loctite for 10 years before I learned from one of our Application Engineers that a copper based anti-seize should never be used on aluminum. Galvanic corrosion happens because copper and aluminum don't play well together.

I had been using a copper anti-seize on spark plugs since I got my first bubble tank Honda 50 mini bike back in the early 70's but no one ever told me about galvanic corrosion. Google it if you want to learn more.

All of us....use anything but a copper based thread lubricant on spark plugs threaded into aluminum heads-so say the nerds in the know.

Dirty

Dirty,
    I use a nickel based anti seize on my plugs. I have about 50 years experience using these products with no ill effects but I am not aware of any great application for a pistol.
    Maybe you can enlighten me.
    I use Mobil 1 and Dextron ATF for my pistol lubrication and it works very well.
    Brand of Nickel based anti seize is Never - Seez.

James

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom