SOLD: 1965 Smith & Wesson 28-2 Highway Patrolman .357 Magnum

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Ok girls, these don't come along every day in this condition and I hate to part with it, but I don't shoot it enough to justify it collecting dust.

1965 Manufactured
    Smith & Wesson Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman 4" .357 Magnum
    N-Frame, 6 shot.
    Adjustable sights. Target grips.
    Case hardened wide spur target hammer. Case hardened serrated target trigger.
    Original finish that still retains its deep blue coloring, even at 48 years of age.
    The 28 features a matte finish on the top strap and on the round surfaces underneath, such as the trigger guard.
    The barrel is pinned and cylinders recessed, of course.
    All internals are FACTORY. NO modifications of any sort have been performed.

From 1954 until the late 80's, these were THE de facto law enforcement uniform sidearm in the US.

Other than the turn line on the cylinder, there is 1 extremely tiny blemish on the cylinder. (You really have to hunt for it.)

Absolutely NO push off or end shake. Locks up tight as a bank vault.

50e61bcoxpe5et2azpny.jpg

makwg8w5ppogtsmwwng.jpg

dlj0tpa2mcy2oj1i6ixj.jpg

See below for trade interests. NO CASH PRICE AT THIS TIME, PLEASE DO NOT ASK.

I will include an assortment of FMJ & JHP ammo so you can enjoy what a REAL revolver shoots like.

Would like to do a FTF deal in the Baton Rouge area.

If you would like any more pictures, send me a PM and I will do my best to accommodate. Thanks for looking.

After receiving numerous replies and offers, I feel I need to clarify what I'm looking for in trade.

I would prefer a RUGER MK II stainless steel model with a BULL or SLABSIDE barrel. Threading would be an absolute plus, but its not a deal breaker.

Tactical Solutions top end/barrel is acceptable. Any ammo added to the deal on your end certainly peaks my interest.

I am NOT looking for bottom of the line models that I can purchase locally for $299-$399.

They do NOT make quality pistols like this one anymore, gang. Unmolested examples such as this one are getting more difficult to find.
    It was made during what I call the "Golden Age" of American revolvers.
    When I decided I wanted one, I looked a LONG time before I found one in this condition. I know what it's worth. I'm willing to make a fair deal to someone who is genuinely interested. I am NOT looking to give it away.

Thanks!

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom