Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 31213
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    Last month I rode 700 miles on my XT250 in the Ozarks, but had to return early for Cristobal's arrival.

Leaving tomorrow with my bike and M101A2 military trailer camper for 2 weeks in NW WY and the CO Rockies.
    Just like last year's post #110 quoted above, I was in the middle of a week riding the forest roads and trails around Tellico Plains with my XT250 and my wife called and said I had come back because a hurricane popped up and was heading our way. I had one day to prepare for Hurricane Ida. I'm almost afraid to leave again for some mountain riding.
    "Incrementalism" (Lingchi) is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is an action that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you are going backwards.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

Aware

User Info Menu

I just returned home from Colorado on dual sports with 2 friends. Went to Pikes Peak, Royal Gorge and Great Sand Dunes. Put about 700 miles in 3 days. Gorgeous views that is not typical for anything else close to here. I was on the Suzuki DRZ400S and my 2 buddies were on the Yamaha XT250's.

Last edited by RM Holsters; October 9th, 2021 at 07:50 AM. Reason: pics

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RM Holsters View Post
    I just returned home from Colorado on dual sports with 2 friends. Went to Pikes Peak, Royal Gorge and Great Sand Dunes. Put about 700 miles in 3 days. Gorgeous views that is not typical for anything else close to here. I was on the Suzuki DRZ400S and my 2 buddies were on the Yamaha XT250's.

Y’all rode the bikes up there or they were on a trailer? That looks like a heck of a ride from here to Colorado on a 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Debate time... Going to visit family in Vegas for Thanksgiving... Fly and rent car or drive and have my dual sport with me to slip away into the desert a couple times.... (bike rentals are stupid expensive)

1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

Drive and bring bike

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm not into the dual sport bikes but I recently bought a Harley Davidson Street Glide and a Boss Hoss (350 Chevy, 385 hp).
    It has been good to get back in the wind and enjoying the solitude.

Ride safe

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2011Corvette View Post
    I'm not into the dual sport bikes but I recently bought a Harley Davidson Street Glide and a Boss Hoss (350 Chevy, 385 hp).
    It has been good to get back in the wind and enjoying the solitude.

Ride safe
    Gonna take it on some sick jumps bro?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kz45 View Post
    Drive and bring bike
    You are a bad influence... Since you don't want to buy my BMW 450 I might as well take it with me...

Aware

User Info Menu

Motor51, we took the 3 bikes in a truck up to Canon City, CO, and rode everything from there. Yeah that would be a little far on the XT 250.

Sportsbud, Moab isn't very far from Vegas!