Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Creating A Trust To Own NFA Firearms

aaaaa
    Last edited by bayoutrigger; March 21st, 2011 at 09:58 PM.

Marksman

Gold Member
    Sticky for you sir.

USPSA # L3344 - CRO

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer
    as long as a B-27 silhoutte breaks into your house and stands still exactly 15yds away you'll have no problem protecting yourself and your family.

Thanks...

Thank you VERY kindly with sharing this information with us. You are a scholar AND a gentleman. Take care...
    I'm good, really, really good.

Bobby

Marksman
    Excellent...thanks again.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

USPSA Noob
    As Louisiana trust law differs from everyone else services like Quicken Willmaker will not work. Does anyone know what it would take to create a trust without contacting an Attorney? I don't wish to spend several hundred on an attorney.

I found this site that sells the forms: http://www.nupplegal.com/livingtrust-louisiana.html

The dude above posted the forms you need. While he recommended using an attorney, I think you can just fill in the blanks yourself and have it notarized.

USPSA Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by aroundlsu View Post
    The dude above posted the forms you need. While he recommended using an attorney, I think you can just fill in the blanks yourself and have it notarized.
    This part scares me.

WARNING: This should not be used to attempt to create a legal Trust. A Trust can only be
    prepared by a qualified attorney who has provided you with appropriate counsel concerning
    Trusts and prepared a document suitable to your particular needs.
    I figured this was just an example and wouldn't fly. I may give it a shot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    This part scares me.

I figured this was just an example and wouldn't fly. I may give it a shot though.
    I believe it is taken from his working trust that he has used for several NFA items.

The warning was posted in my opinion solely to relieve him of any legal responsibility for what you choose to do with the information.

USPSA Noob
    I'm working through it, but all the wording is for two trustees/settlors that are married. If I added someone to it, this someone isn't married to me yet.

Both Settlors or the surviving settlor upon the death or incapacity of the other, reserve the unrestricted right to modify the terms of the trust created herein or to revoke this trust in whole or in part.

The Settlors or upon the death of one of the Settlors the surviving Settlor, shall be the lifetime beneficiaries of trust income and principal.
    Not sure how that would be rephrased for a single person.