Looks like Bill Cassidy had a run for his money now.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Anybody hear that Retires Air Force Col. Rob Maness put his name in the hat to run against Cassidy? Should be very interesting. I hope Cassidy just stays in the House.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Never herd of him either, but we always have a way of splitting the votes these days, lets hope the top runner runs without opposition from the party, I'm ready for miss piggy to get the f$&@ out.

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Seems like Maness is going to be more of a Tea Party type and Cassidy the 10th Battlion of the Old Republican Guard.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Maness announced his candidacy (sp?) this morning on the Mike Church show. I didn't catch all of it, but he claims to be a constitutionalist and looking to get the backing of the tea party.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I saw this this morning. FWIW, strictly.

LA-Sen: Not a surprise: The Senate Conservatives Fund doesn't like Rep. Bill Cassidy, the establishment GOP choice to take on Sen. Mary Landrieu. (Cassidy "only" has an 80 percent score from the Club for Growth. Libruhl!) Also not a surprise: They don't really have any better alternatives. They say they're vetting retired Air Force Col. Rob Maness, who recently entered the race, but he's a first-time candidate without any apparent notability, so I'd be surprised if he passes muster.
    :eh:

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    But, Is a supposed Constitutionalist with no voting record better than a gop-er?

Yes. If we viewed every new candidate that way (and the only reason we didn't support them was bc they didn't have a voting record), NOTHING would ever change for the better. The better question is: How much worse can a man who professes to be a Constitutionalist be, (keep in mind we will get to ask questions to him throughout this vetting/election process) compared to a man who is not a Constitutionalist and is an establishment GOP-er?

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I just wouldn't want anyone with an unknown track record going this route:

dollar-bill.jpg

I'm not saying this particular guy will, nor am I saying those currently in office don't already have freezers full of cash (or book deals is what I think they are called now.)

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I just wouldn't want anyone with an unknown track record going this route:

dollar-bill.jpg

I'm not saying this particular guy will, nor am I saying those currently in office don't already have freezers full of cash (or book deals is what I think they are called now.)

Don't let that fear prevent someone w actual Constitutional principles from getting into office.

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have met Rob Maness and worked with him for a couple of days last year....seems like a straight-up, principled, no-nonsense kind of guy that would stick to his guns. As for his abilities as a politician, no one knows. Being a former USAF Colonel, it would seem that he developed some political skills during his career. I would have no problem voting for him, though.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm sure it means absolutely nothing, but I do find it concerning that he is a member of NOLA patriots, the same group George Peterson(AFFS) was in charge of before his arrest.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I'm sure it means absolutely nothing, but I do find it concerning that he is a member of NOLA patriots, the same group George Peterson(AFFS) was in charge of before his arrest.

Definitely need to make sure this guy is vetted thoroughly.

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    I like him for Senate, he supports the gun rights has family values. Sometimes things won't change if you keep going to the same good ole boys. Cassidy is only concerned with Sear Sucker suits and what his wife picked up for dinner. Old Mary her butt needs to find a place on the unemployment line. Check him out. http://robmaness.com

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Maness sounds good but I've talked to several folks who have spent some time with him and I now agree with SVT - we need VERY through vetting. We need to see where all this money is coming from. Hope he's the real deal though.
    I did meet Cassidy briefly last year - he looks like a slick politician but is very sincere when you actually have a conversation with him.
    I think we might have two good choices as long as we don't let Katrina mary slip in.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    My caution is that a vote for Maness will be one less for Cassidy (no big deal) but that's one less against potentially unseating Miss Piggie. Cassidy rates a C- grade from NumbersUSA the anti-illegal immigration website (Vitter gets an A+). If votes get spread too thin in the GOP camp, Mary Mary waltzes back in and I'd HATE to see that blob go back to her smug, condescending life.

Top Bottom