Help with Weatherby rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Thanks DZ.. Im giving serious thought to building the caliber, as is i can use a 150gr XBT with a BC of 529 and push it about 4400 fps, she will drop only 116" @1000 yrds if zero @ 100yrds, and still be traveling 2x the speed of sound, and with a 10mp cross only a 40" drift. Im getting excited thinking about it,lol.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Yea i figured as much but itll sure be a hell of a shooter for about 600 rounds,lol. Ive decided im doing it... so my 30-378 is officially up for cheap fast sale... anyone wants it, lemme know. Im keeping the scope, selling gun, spare new Criteron Barrel w/Accubrake, and 500 in ammo for 2500 bucks. OBO. Guess its time to post her in the for sale area.... watch me cry..lol.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Why not just rebarrel your rifle. It will come out cheaper in the long run. Plus, you can keep your old barrels and reinstall them later when your new one wears out. (or you could sell them seperately for a few hundred bucks). The ammo will be a tougher sell unless it is factory ammo. Most people have a rule - Do not shoot ammo reloaded by others unless you know them very well and KNOW them to be a careful and safe loader. I can show you pictures of a new M1 Garand that a guy blew up on his first shot with generic handloads from the gun shop that sold him the gun. From the destruction, it looked like they were loaded with pistol powder. I don't think there was anything usable except the butt plate. As a rule, the handloads would be looked at for their component value minus the aggravation of taking them apart.

LongRange

Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    DZ, i have thought of that and still may go that route, the ammo i have to include isnt reloads, its brand new factory ammo. I have over 2000.00 worth of reloads for it,lol.

Top Bottom