S&W 681

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    My grandfather is wanting to know the value of his stainless 681. It does have the "M" on the barrel next to 681. Anyone have any info on current market value of the handgun? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Cpt. Obvious

not so newbie
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    West Bank/Algiers, LA
    Those are fantastic L-frames, everything you need, nothing you don't. Price would depend on condition, what comes with it (box, documents, which grips, etc.) The M indicates that it's been returned for the recall modification done to the hammer bushing. without pictures, it's hard to say, but generally they go for between 400 and 550, though I have only seen one 681 and one 581 in person down here (I own them both!). If he wishes to sell it, please pm me, but I would suggest you try and get it or he keep it, they really are fantastic guns.

tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    I've asked him repeatedly to keep it for me lol! It's in pristine shape! His son-in-law purchased it for him years ago from a PD group sell. It's also had a trigger job done on it and almost sings when you squeeze the trigger! No paperwork with it but the grips on it are the molded rubber grips an LEO would have used on it as a duty weapon.
    Those are fantastic L-frames, everything you need, nothing you don't. Price would depend on condition, what comes with it (box, documents, which grips, etc.) The M indicates that it's been returned for the recall modification done to the hammer bushing. without pictures, it's hard to say, but generally they go for between 400 and 550, though I have only seen one 681 and one 581 in person down here (I own them both!). If he wishes to sell it, please pm me, but I would suggest you try and get it or he keep it, they really are fantastic guns.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    681, my very first pistol. Bought it used way back in the late 80's or early 90's (can't really remember the college years ;)) for $250! Probably the ONLY gun in my collection that I would never sell!

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    Current blue book prices, I hope this helps.

gyzyrezy.jpg

Peace,
    Evan

tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette

I paid $500 for my 681

681, my very first pistol. Bought it used way back in the late 80's or early 90's (can't really remember the college years ;)) for $250! Probably the ONLY gun in my collection that I would never sell!

Current blue book prices, I hope this helps.

gyzyrezy.jpg

Peace,
    Evan

Purchased mine new in 1987, two actually 4" & 2 1/2.

Evening guys. Came back across this post recently. Just for you guys' information which you can take or leave, my grandfather wound up passing away this past December and the .357 was given to me. I have run it at the range several times and it was EVERYTHING I hoped it would be and more. Smooth as the day is long and beyond.
    Also, he was a member of the Confederate Air Force (now Commemorative Air Force) so I had a holster commissioned for it in that memory.
    54b06922a173b4088ae596f7f9956064.jpg

Anyway, just thought I'd drop by this old post and share a little. Night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom