Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 21112
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    I made General today. Tested for Amateur Extra and only got 17 right. I値l study for a few week and try again.
    Where did you go test at? Congratulations on the upgrade. I need to start studying for the extra myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nolaradio View Post
    Where did you go test at? Congratulations on the upgrade. I need to start studying for the extra myself.

I tested at JARC in Metairie.
    I really don't care.

Remember kids, you might be in the clique right now, but it never lasts forever.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I tested at JARC in Metairie.
    Good club. Haven't been there in a while though.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nolaradio View Post
    Good club. Haven't been there in a while though.

I joined their club. They池e in the process of renovating their clubhouse. I値l use their HF rigs and see what I like before I take the plunge and set something up at my house.
    I really don't care.

Remember kids, you might be in the clique right now, but it never lasts forever.

On Target

User Info Menu

I made General today. Tested for Amateur Extra and only got 17 right. I値l study for a few week and try again.
    CONGRATS... keep going on the upgrade while in the STUDY MODE..... need to get myself upgraded since have had the EXTRA study guide for the past year.............................................. ....................................... drill sgt.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drill sgt View Post
    CONGRATS... keep going on the upgrade while in the STUDY MODE..... need to get myself upgraded since have had the EXTRA study guide for the past year.............................................. ....................................... drill sgt.
    Drill Sgt, thanks. The FCC is changing the test on 7/1/20 so I知 going to try to take the next step before then. I don稚 know if I can get it all in before the March testing date but I知 going to try.

To pass General, I studied by reading the arrl book, the practice test app, and using the Ham Study app (which worked best for me). I did all of that in about 2 weeks or so.

As soon as I get AE I値l figure out what HF radio I need.
    I really don't care.