Amateur Radio !!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Anyone needing ham radio equip. I have some to sell or trade . PM me. K5RZZ the clubs around here fell apart . I don't want to got to Hammond . 73's

Cajunham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2013
    Ham Radio Op here, hence the name CajunHam, Thibodaux Houma area denizen.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Any interest in a 223.94 Mhz repeater with commercial Celwave Antenna and commercial Telewave 5" band pass-band reject duplexers, Setup in 19" rack mount cabinet.
    Electronic controller & Power Supply...

PM if interested...

Last edited:

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I've seen a few amateur radio threads around here and something that comes up in every one of them... We're ham's, not HAM's. It isn't an acronym. Don't get me wrong, I'm not coming down on anyone using HAM, it's just incorrect.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ve always thought about taking the test. I grew up around a lot of guys who were hams, and when I came to BR in ‘72 I worked with a guy who was one. I worked my way through school mostly doing tech work (a lot of CB & HiFi work in the ‘70’s. Years ago I bought a study book and went through 80% of it. I think I could get through the exam OK, but I’m not sure that a sexagenarian trying to learn Morse code to a reasonable proficiency is practical. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I’ve always thought about taking the test. I grew up around a lot of guys who were hams, and when I came to BR in ‘72 I worked with a guy who was one. I worked my way through school mostly doing tech work (a lot of CB & HiFi work in the ‘70’s. Years ago I bought a study book and went through 80% of it. I think I could get through the exam OK, but I’m not sure that a sexagenarian trying to learn Morse code to a reasonable proficiency is practical. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no Morse code on test anymore

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Well maybe its time to take some tests...it would be great to talk world wide legally!!!! Ya'll know what I
    'm talking about. Every ham I know has done it and was just part of the progression to legally talking on 10 meters. That is great news!!! I still have my Tech ticket so this could happen!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom