WTB (Or taking hand outs :) ) 10/22 stock/barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    Looking for a plain jane wood factory stock for a 10/22 that I can cut down for my daughter, turn it into a youth. Also looking for a spare blued barrel that I can cut down as well to take some of the nose weight out of it for her. And by the way what is the over all legal length of a "riffle". What can I get away with building this for her? A buddy of mine told me there was a minimum over all length requirement. I thought this was wierd since you can buy a folding stock and turn a riffle into a pistol dang near.
    Thanks

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I know I'm going to sound like a broken record but call La. Gun and Reloading. They have a used 10/22 barrel for sale and a composite stock. Do not know price. Call Larry @ 225-291-2942 & make a deal.
    The barrel must be 16" long and the whole gun cannot be shorter than XXX, that part I am not sure of and hate to quote the wrong information.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog" :)

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Barrel must be over 16" long. I'd go 16.25", at least from end to end on a 10/22 in case the ATF guy has a worn out ruler.

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure I found a stock and standard bbl from a member here. I will pick it up down near BR at the end of February, bummer I have to wait. In the mean time I am going to leave the add u p in the Firearms section and see if any good deals come through on a complete gun and if not I am considering getting the 22" SS with wood stock at Wally world. It will look a little funny with the shinny reciever and bbl but later down the road I can put the stainless back together for when the kidds get bigger.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Go to rimfirecentral.com, join, post WTB in the classifieds. There are almost always new or good takeoffs to be had for good prices.
    If I were you I would look for that good ole $100 Cricket to start off with. Teaching someone that young is better done with a bolt action or single shot. Let her graduate to a semi auto. The Rossi singles and combos are good, too. I got one in trade a long time ago and it is great for teaching children.

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    Go to rimfirecentral.com, join, post WTB in the classifieds. There are almost always new or good takeoffs to be had for good prices.
    If I were you I would look for that good ole $100 Cricket to start off with. Teaching someone that young is better done with a bolt action or single shot. Let her graduate to a semi auto. The Rossi singles and combos are good, too. I got one in trade a long time ago and it is great for teaching children.

Yes I am looking into that gun as well after talking to lp11 on the phone last night. I agree it is the best way to teach however she really loves burning up the barrel on my model 60. I have to kneel down and hold it for her while she lets it rip. Both ways she will have fun but yes single shot is in the plans. I am just building something both her and her brother can grow into. I think I am going to go pick up the Walmart special run 22" SS with wood stock today.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom