Silencer on mult firearms?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    When you do the paperwork and get the tax stamp for a supressor, can you register it for being for multiple serial numbers?

i.e. is there any way to buy 1 supressor and be able to legally put it on two seperate guns? say, by having two tax stamps for it?

in other words, by one supressor, and being able to legally put it on your SBR AR15 and your normal barrel > 16" AR15? so instead of 2 600 dollar supressors and 2 200 dollar tax stamps, you just buy 1 600 supressor and 2 200 dollar tax stamps?

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I don't like that gigantic grin you have on right now, thought that supressors were registered for a specific serial numbered firearm?

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    the can has its own serial number and can move from firearm to firearm

excluding intergrally supressed firearms of course

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    1 silencer for 2 different guns

As everyone else said, one silencer use it on any gun you want. Even multiple calibers. Shoot 9mm through a 45 can for example. The ATF doesn't ask or care what gun you use it on. HOWEVER, in the eyes of the law the silencer is a firearm all by itself so don't bring it to a school zone or conceal in Louisiana even with a CCW permit. Sorry Louisiana only allows you to conceal handguns.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    How well does a .45 can suppress a 9mm? Or a .223 for that matter? Or is that too much pressure for a handgun can?

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Awesome. Thanks everyone. This should save me some money on what I had been expecting to spend over the next year (provided that when I have the money that what I want is still legally available.....)

As everyone else said, one silencer use it on any gun you want. Even multiple calibers. Shoot 9mm through a 45 can for example. The ATF doesn't ask or care what gun you use it on. HOWEVER, in the eyes of the law the silencer is a firearm all by itself so don't bring it to a school zone or conceal in Louisiana even with a CCW permit. Sorry Louisiana only allows you to conceal handguns.

Well, did not know that, thanks for the heads up. Not that I would really want to CC with a supressor...thing would probably be hella cumbersome.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have used a .30 caliber can on .223 caliber rifles and its not as quiet as a dedicated .223 suppressor but its still much quieter than not having one at all.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    How well does a .45 can suppress a 9mm? Or a .223 for that matter? Or is that too much pressure for a handgun can?

Listen very carefully, You do NOT want to use a pistol cal. can to shoot on a rifle! Unless you are shooting .22. You are correct about the pressure.

Good Luck.

I have a .30 cal can that I will use with .223 also. The 9mm can I have will see duty on two semi Uzis, a pistol, and an AR.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom