Battery Storage Ideas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jim48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Kenner, La
    ditto "Eneloop AA batteries and a few AAA" - I have switched to 98% AA devices long ago. Recently (2 years) switched to mainly Eneloop rechargeable.

Eneloop are what rechargeable should have been years ago. never leak and ruin your expensive electronics, hold their charge in storage, no memory, can be recharged thousands of times, save $ (over time), green, ... google 'why eneloop'

note - several generations / version of Eneloop exist. As a general use AA, I buy the white 2100 cycle. You can use (at least to get started) their charger. But highly recommended is a 'smart' charger such as the La Crosse BC-700 (I have) or the PowerEx (MAHA) MH-C9000 or similar 'smart' charger. Downside - in order to achieve maximum battery life you really need to learn to program the charger and properly manage your battery conditions / recharging. Not real hard, but more learning, planning, execution on top of all the rest. Another Upside - add solar charger system and you have real extended SHTF/EOTWAWKI solution.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Couldn't you just use a .308 magazine for AA's and a .5.56 magazine for AAA's? lol.

C's and D's might be a little more of a problem.

On a more serious note... Academy sells batteries in bulk, already in square plastic cases. They are easy to stack and easy to fit in your bag. They're also not junk batteries (meaning they perform and last well).

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I know for hunting season I carry all my electronics in one pelican black case with see thru cover and batteries in a yellow one. They usually always go on sale dirt cheap, and they are waterproof,etc....

Top Bottom