Beware Jim the Owner Operator R&D Machine & Gunsmith shop Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JIMDVC

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Anybody know Nick Niblick "National Treasure" gunsmith listed at Hunters Run Gun Shop? Has anyone seen any of his metal or wood checkering work?

EDIT BY VERMIFORM:
    I changed the title, stickied this thread and added the Bio information this loser put in his profile so that everyone one can watch out for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    and again here in this thread:

Who Ever does the re blue job make sure they hand polish and do not use wheels! Eduardo would be one of the fellows that hand polishes guns. When I graduated gunsmith school 32 years ago Eduardo was around then. There are not too many old school smiths left around here. And then there are the "TV" gunsmiths that I will not comment on as I will not comment on any "National Treasures"..Can't loose with Eduardo for a professional job

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    You said in one of your other posts that he was a former partner of yours and that you put him thru 1911 Armors school. Have you seen any of his work?

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    What a chickenshit thing to do. If anyone can find jimdvc's personal info post it up. We can all talk **** about him on random forums and **** on his reputation.

Last edited:

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    tag teamin' to spread a name. good effort! maybe Nick could become and advertiser to BS?

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    or maybe he is the gun smith for the movie National treasure and its Nick Cage?!

national-treasure-patriotic.jpg

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    So when he was at Reynerson's, he was just Nick Niblick, competent gunsmith, but now he's left there and has become Nick Niblick, National Treasure?

I guess I don't get the point of this post...

Nick Niblick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    the national treasure moniker was given to me in an e-mail from one of my customers that I installed and headspaced a Garand receiver for. It was a reweld and I used an original receiver and so the rifle then functioned. My co-workers at Reynerson's found this appellation hilarious and I still am abused regularly with it. I am not nearly as enchanted as my friends seem to be.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    the national treasure moniker was given to me in an e-mail from one of my customers that I installed and headspaced a Garand receiver for. It was a reweld and I used an original receiver and so the rifle then functioned. My co-workers at Reynerson's found this appellation hilarious and I still am abused regularly with it. I am not nearly as enchanted as my friends seem to be.

And that solves that mystery. Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry your introduction was prompted by this, but nevertheless welcome to BS!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Oh, well a good-natured ribbing is a whole other animal :)

Welcome

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA

Welcome.:)

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Makes sense. Welcome aboard.

JR1572

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Hey, are you the mid 50s, thin, kinda grey haired dude with glasses?
    If so, you did good work for me at Reynerson's.
    Welcome to BS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom