The Chive sucks...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    "At every official Chive Meetup it happens. Soldiers drop by to thank me and theCHIVE for keeping them in good humor while they were on deployment. I'll really never understand what theCHIVE means to our soldiers abroad and I always feel like I should be thanking them, not the other way around. Surely I'm not protecting our freedom with memes and cleavage after all. But I'm glad we can help, it's the small things sometimes. And we try to give back to our sailors and soldiers however we can, whenever we can, From Taylor Morris to letting y'all be the very first to try KCCO Black Lager. Starting with the very first meetup, I started becoming familiar with a term I hadn't heard before, PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder). I remember meeting the first Chiver who had it. His name was Steven. I've met hundreds now. You never forget these encounters. Steven looked at me and told me how important it was to make PTSD a national talking point, maybe theCHIVE could help get the word out? This sentiment has resinated with every service man and woman with PTSD I've met. Coming back from war and adjusting to the 'new normal' isn't easy. Often, the tiniest things can trigger a split second changes in the body. Sometimes, it manifests itself in darker things. The gamut of traumatic incidents our service men and women can be exposed to during war is frighteningly broad. Many bring home the invisible wounds of war. The stigma we attach to mental disorders in America hasn't helped. Friends and family can have trouble coping with a loved one with PTSD almost as much as the sufferer. Each case is different and the treatments vary. Nobody has pinpointed the exact cause - genes and specific areas of the brain seem to be the culprits. Over the last couple months we started exploring our options at Chive Charities. We wanted to weigh in on PTSD but we didn't know how. Then our executive director, Brian Mercedes suggested, "We should make a ****ing huge donation. Make a statement that we mean business when it comes to helping people with PTSD." Brian was right, not only does this cause need more recognition but it also meets the '****ing huge' criteria by which the Chivers give. Today we're announcing a $40,000 donation to the Wounded Warrior Project. Specifically, the Combat Stress Recovery Program for PTSD. The Wounded Warrior Project approaches PTSD from the warrior's perspective. We're especially excited to be able to help Project Odyssey. Pictured above, the program uses the healing power of nature, along with support from mental health professionals and staff, to help wounded service members gain perspective on life through outdoor activities and retreats. All this was made possible by our members at Chive Charities who donate to theCHIVE Fund. You'll always recognize these Chivers at the meetups by their Green Ribbon tees. If you see them in the wild, RAK the **** out of them. Our Green, Silver, and Gold Chive Charities badasses and our soldiers are the heart n' soul of theCHIVE community. It's poetic that they overlap here. We know many Chive Charities members are also veterants. Thanks so much to you all. This one's for you, Steven, and all the Chivers with PTSD who have spoken so passionately to Leo and I on the subject. Stay tuned tomorrow for a very emotional update on our little Zoe. You won't wanna miss it. Donate to theCHIVE Fund RIGHT HERE."

Not really
    KCCO

Hump day!
    On the iPhone app!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Pretty sure OP added that in coupling with his "Chive Sucks" title.

As in

Chive sucks!
    (people click to see why)
    (read post)
    Just kidding, they don't suck.

Yea that's what I was going for.
    Kinda in response to the last thread that mentioned the Chive.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    I know I lambasted the whole idea of this website and the people that call themselves "chivers" and wear the KCCO shirts everywhere. I still think the average person wearing the shirt is a lemming who knows nothing of the chive except that its got hot girls on it (apparently some new Internet phenomenon), and that all the other guys are wearing the shirts too. But, if it takes all those jackasses buying and wearing those shirts for them to donate to causes like this one, I'll chill out on the hate. I'll categorize it as a necessary evil.

As much as I hate to type this, KCCO

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I know I lambasted the whole idea of this website and the people that call themselves "chivers" and wear the KCCO shirts everywhere. I still think the average person wearing the shirt is a lemming who knows nothing of the chive except that its got hot girls on it (apparently some new Internet phenomenon), and that all the other guys are wearing the shirts too. But, if it takes all those jackasses buying and wearing those shirts for them to donate to causes like this one, I'll chill out on the hate. I'll categorize it as a necessary evil.

As much as I hate to type this, KCCO

Why hate on hot women?

Greenwave87

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I love the Chive...their charity work is awesome! They love to drink, their shirts are pretty comfy, AND hot chicks! That gentleman is what I call a trifecta!

CHIVE ON!!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There was definitely an uptick of total d-bags that were just buying Chive gear as though it were trendy. I've been to a few Chive meets, Houston, BR, N.O., and the only one that sucked was New Orleans, because they had it at Pat O's, on a Saints game night. The others were great.

I've noticed a change in the site to start to kind of run off the douches. They're relocating to Austin, which shows that they must be tired of the BS in Cali too, so they can't be all bad.

KCCO

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Damn we got some haters, let's see we hate slut life or any life stickers on trucks, oh by the way i seen a crossfit life sticker the other day, we hate kcco shirts, any other things that are too cool for you all to wear because others wear it or share it ?

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Damn we got some haters, let's see we hate slut life or any life stickers on trucks, oh by the way i seen a crossfit life sticker the other day, we hate kcco shirts, any other things that are too cool for you all to wear because others wear it or share it ?

I wear plain colored T's.

If someone wants me to advertise for them and isn't paying for it... They had better give it to me for free at least!!!!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge

"It's different, and I'm not a part of it, so I hate people expressing themselves." Sound familiar at all??? lol

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'm not a big fan of any particular shirt I wear polo's for work mostly, most of the t-shirts I wear say LSU, Saints, I got an STP a while back I like, mostly sports shirts, I did get an LS mafia shirt as gift from my niece the other day, but I haven't had a chance to wear it yet. But my kids wear salt life shirts, cabelas, star wars, and other kid stuff. I have a purple and gold sportsman sticker on my truck, even though I don't hunt and fish as much as I would like to, I like to do it when I'm able. I just don't understand this generalization of a certain people wear this stuff and are automatically associated with some one who is labeled a douche, do people even get to know each other any more before making a assumption about some basically because of what they are wearing that particular day?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I like the site but don't get the grander Chive "thing"...but could really care less what other people wear or how they choose to identify themselves. I remember caring about that stuff when I was maybe 16 but I'm all growed up now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom