BayouShooter Improvements and Changelog

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hey guys! In the upcoming days and weeks I will be working with the team here on improving various issues throughout the site. We have put our thinking caps on and have come up with some pretty awesome ideas. We are limited in numbers and resources though, so I proposed the idea to reach out to the members here on what can be improved.

If you have any comments, complaints, or suggestions on ANYTHING that can be improved here at BayouShooter, please let us know below. Anyone who makes a suggestion that gets enacted will receive recognition and possibly some small sort of 'gift' if I can put something together. I know each and every one of you loves this place and would like to make it better, so here is your chance.

Submissions will be accepted in this thread via replies or via PM to me. This thread will be moderated strictly to ensure it stays on topic.

Thanks for the help guys! I look forward to seeing what you can come up with!!

--Austin

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Changelog:
    1) Removed the Marketplace Bearpit
    2) Infraction System Added <- Click for link
    3) Edited Search Relevance Options (should make searches better) - (let me know if you have more problems)
    4) Maintenance running on board to clean up search tables and items all across the spectrum. Should speed up board in future and make things better.
    5) Internal optimization completed.
    6) Merged Finance / Sports / Pets into Off-Topic
    7) Combined Camping / Hiking / Fishing into one forum
    8) Womens Carry merged into Handguns forum
    9) Cleaning section merged into Handguns forum
    10) Ability to upload images temporarily allowed again
    11) Two new Moderators added! Welcome doc ace and olivs260!!
    12) Rimfire section added.
    13) See this post for a fun ongoing contest
    14) Anti-bot program added. Will keep bots from registering.
    15) LEO Only forum added.
    16) Merged Hand to Hand Combat into Health and Fitness
    17) Merged Land Classifieds into General / Everything Else
    18) Merged Emergency Services Discussion into Hurricane Preparation / Aftermath / Emergency Services Discussion
    19) Added Jack as new moderator
    20) New Forum Rules
    21) Five awesome new add-ons added including state of the art spam-prevention technology
    22) Fixed issue with Safari on iPhones
    23) Merged Reloading forum into Ammo
    24) Merged Black Powder into Rifles
    25) New Important Threads Notice Setup
    26) Posts today added to NavBar
    27) Notice to anyone over 90% capacity of PMs added.
    28) Added a "Rate This Post" Option
    29) Removed all the extra space between posts and signatures.
    30) Neatened up the threadview.
    31) Added colored names throughout whole forum
    32) Added detail button for postbit.
    33) Split Firearm Classifieds into Pistol Classifieds and Long Gun Classifieds
    34) Forgot about this thread for a year and didn't update it...so A LOT!
    35) Added Premium Member Marketplace
    <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Users who's suggestion has been accepted:
    JBP55 - one year added to premium membership
    Emperor - one year premium membership added
    clem131 - one year premium membership added
    Jack - one year premium membership added

Last edited:

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    Might bother some but would it be to hard for y'all to chew over the idea of letting people post in the for sale sections?

Maybe make it so posts require op's approval or they can edit/delete posts in their thread. That way negative or unhelpful comments are limited.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Really like both of the above ideas I know y'all had issues and I'll even admit to bumping threads when I first joined but threw all of the problems there was a good bit of useful information in them too.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Allow people to comment/reply in market place. Let it be what it is. Or allow the OP to disallow replies.

The rest seems ok all around. maybe sticky very usefull info at top.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Multiple word searches find either/or not both.
    It makes the search useless.

Okay, I just tested my problem. Here is what I did:

Looking for the big "Joke of the day" thread by (CEHollier). I search for the exact title thread. FYI, There are multiple threads named "Joke of the day" but I got the one by (edman87k5). It was funny, but not nearly as funny as the one I was looking for. :p

The big one (Cehollier), didn't even come up in the first 5 pages of results????

Now, I happen to know that the op was (CEHollier), but what if I didn't?

Also, shouldn't the search results show ALL of the titles in the search by alphabetical descending order? In other words; why didn't the search results show more than 1 "Joke of the day" thread by everyone that created a thread with that title?

I only use this as an example, there are other issues with it as well.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This is off topic and to be clear I'm not trying to troll just ask that they revisit the idea.
    He wasn't accusing you. As for keeping the lid on trolls, I will be releasing something tonight that should help fix people trolling. More to come tonight. Expect one big change tonight, possibly two. Keep the ideas coming guys. All ideas WILL be considered.

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Allow replies in the market section.
    Have a better search feature.
    Expand the competition section, into say 1. USPSA 2. IDPA 3. Rimfire 4. Long Range 5. ICORE (see MS gun forum, theirs seems quite nice)
    Have a few more moderators to stay on top of things. (I see where Classifieds that are illegal stay up for hours and hours sometimes, and then opinion threads start getting out of line real quick and are allowed to go on and on before moderator steps in and corrects problem. WE have to police ourselves to keep this a quality site. I know more people that would join if these hate threads and race threads were policed a little quicker.)

Just my 2 cents. and yes, willing to be a mod.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom