Jindal

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I see Jindal touring w/ the NRA and talking up his emergency no-confiscation bill, and I am glad he introduced it, but I was just thinking that that hardly makes him some 2A champion. The NRA acts like he is Mr. Gun Man, but I don't see it. I personally handed him a list of LA laws that needed to get changed (a printout of the list on LACarry.org) and he never even had an aide call/email me back about it. As to that act he introduced, it was hardly controversial, more like a no-brainer. Even the Dems voted for it. I just wish we had someone to vote for that was willing to go out on a limb for the people, instead of resting on their laurels.

I am more up on LA laws than Federal stuff, am I missing any other ground breaking stuff he has accomplished?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    He wandered into my office about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to bring up the 2A stuff, but didn't get the chance. We talked about the auto liability increase. He's against it. I'm for it personally, but the insurance companies are against it. He's backing them and following them. We've got the lowest mandatory limits in the country(10/20/10). I even suggested he back just increasing the property damage (10/20/25). I guess it was a political decision.
    Anyway, nice guy, very smart. He's got my vote even if we don't agree on that. I'd still like to hear his 2A views from him directly, in person, one of these days.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'm for the insurance increase (I agree with your sentiments). It was a political decision because he took 170k in money from insurance groups so far.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Jindal & Vitter had a great bill, too bad it doesn't work under Martial Law...as was the case in NO during Katrina.

It was a great sentiment though.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I think refusal to turn over control to the feds is the 1 major mistake that she made. She should have turned it over and they all should in the future before the storm ever comes on land that way resources are already staged and waiting. I prefer to have a Federal on Scene Coordinator over a State on Scene Coordinator any day why? They have more resources.

I don't like Nagin either; but I do beleive he warned everyone far enough in advance to flee the city. The man said this is the worse case scenario if you stay you will die. After I returned from evacuating and started watching programs my Tivo had recorded it was full of Nagin and Blanco saying get the Fudge out of dodge.
    Jindal has my vote just like he did 4 years ago. I think we should let Uncle Ed run the state from prison and rent out the Governor's Mansion.

Phaetos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    He wandered into my office about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to bring up the 2A stuff, but didn't get the chance. We talked about the auto liability increase. He's against it. I'm for it personally, but the insurance companies are against it. He's backing them and following them. We've got the lowest mandatory limits in the country(10/20/10). I even suggested he back just increasing the property damage (10/20/25). I guess it was a political decision.
    Anyway, nice guy, very smart. He's got my vote even if we don't agree on that. I'd still like to hear his 2A views from him directly, in person, one of these days.

Our rates are high enough as it is at 10/20/10. We don't need it to go up higher for a "mandatory rate". That's BS and everyone knows it. Our problem is all the gutter monkeys that drive trash mobiles with $3000 rims and no insurance then getting into wrecks. Fix that and we don't have an insurance rate problem.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I really wish they would allow the protest vote of "none of the above" because that would be my vote for both governor and president.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I really wish they would allow the protest vote of "none of the above" because that would be my vote for both governor and president.

This would be my first choice:

blood-stained2.png

But, short of that, we may as well at least try to mitigate the damage.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    I am curious if he is all talk and no walk, he is a people person hands down, more so than the others.

Time will tell, I can't wait until the debate/forum on the 16th?18th that will be on WAFB @ 6pm

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    See I am missing the connection between Feds taking over and marshal law. How would the feds taking over have been bad for those of us that evacuated?

Did Mississippi step aside and let the Feds take over, I believe yes. Did Louisiana step aside when Hurricane Andrew was coming once again I believe yes. What this boils down to is a power struggle and those in power don't want to step aside and relinquish power. Why does it matter to me if it was local, state or federal cops looting Wal-Mart, shooting a retarded guy, beating up teachers on Bourbon, confiscating guns from homeowners. Once again the Feds have more resources. It is power thing plain and simple.

I think what was learned from Hurricane Katrina was what not to do. Did Blanco ask for help from the Feds at all and ask them to intervene?

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Now I must just be screwed up in the head... BUT

If a god damn Hurricane is coming (can't miss it on tv, radio, print)
    And your stupid enough to stay, in a place that 1yr earlier the "professionals" advised would have CATOSTROPHIC EFFECTS. You get what you deserve.

On the lighter side of the coin, there were ppl who were PHYSICALLY UNABLE to leave. ie. The nursing home in St. Bernard, persons with mental disablities, physically challenged. Those ppl need help.

People who stay to ride it out, just didn't want to leave, want the goverment to do everything for them.. Screw that, that is LAZYNESS. ie 2yrs later ppl still living in a trailer park, WONT go get a job. Want to be SUE HAPPY for the goverment GIVING THEM a SHELTER.

Some persons are not as blessed as you and I to argue this out on a forum board. There comes a time in ones life that you have to DO for YOU, and not EXPECT a hand out.

Instead they update the flood zone to include places that haven't flooded in 100yrs, so the insurance companies can collect premiums from more ppl to regain $$$ lost.

For the record my folks live in Plaquemines Parish, I grew up in Belle Chasse. When the NHC advise it would hit NOLA.. My folks headed NW to Arkansas. My grandmother who lives in a assisted living center, WAS evac'd by the resident owners to BR.

Some ppl HAD to stay, Fire, Police, City Officals, etc etc Some ppl are not stupid, they are just ignorant to what a Hurricane can do. Some have bad intentions. So I end with "Get it how you live" I am a big believer in Karma... Comes around goes around.

Those "officers of the law" and persons who claimed "need money" that did so in a malicous manner are being dealt with. Some in Fed court, Some will be judge by the ultimate, at the gates.

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I would like to thank the Louisiana State Police for putting those guard units in their place. I could only imagine the atitudes those units had coming down here.

LSP what do you think Jindal will do to the state budget? I think he will cut our resources, I work for LDEQ and imagine he will close our office we have in Mandeville and my choices will be to either work out of the New Orleans office or the Baton Rouge office. He turned DHH upside down when he was over there as far as cutting jobs and programs.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    So, Phaetos, is your vehicle worth more than $10K? Anybody in your family? You can't buy a Neon for under that now. So when you get hit by someone with only 10/20/10 and the other insurance company only has $10K for your $23K vehicle (or $5K if its a 3 car accident?) you're going to have to pay your collision deductible and file a claim through your insurance company. They'll try to get some of your deductible back for you from that low cost auto insurer, eventually. What's your deductible, $500? That money could have been for your new 1911 or AR or .308... Your rates would be higher (I've seen an average of $10 to $15 per month) but when you get hit they'll be able to pay your claim. Its worth it. I'm not even going to get into the injuries side of this. Like I said, I'd be happy if they raised the property damage portion (increase of about $15 per six months for most people).
    Call your insurance agent and ask about how liability works and if you have enough. That's my professional insurance advice for the week...

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Cajun, wouldn't it make more sense to close the NO office? Mandeville is centrally located to SE LA. Not to mention it is less likely to flood in the case of another Katrina.

Top Bottom