Want to Hunt Hogs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whttnbrg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    Guys, I am looking for a place to hunt and trap hogs. I am training a couple of hounds and need to trap some to use for training and have aplace to run some too.

twistedridge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Gonzales
    There is a limited season fro hog hunting in Vidallia,LA at the National Forest it is down by deer park. The season runs from feb 14 to feb 28. You can not ride ATV you have to walk it. But there are plenty of hogs we killed six last year.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    transporting live hogs illegal in the state of Louisiana
    see page 30 of the 2008-2009 Hunting Regulations
    HOGS: Unmarked hogs may be taken during any legal hunting season, EXCEPT during the Spring Squirrel
    Season, on designated WMAs by properly licensed hunters using only guns or bow and arrow legal for
    specified seasons in progress. Hunters may harvest hogs during the month of March on Pass-a-Loutre WMA
    only by using shotguns with shot no larger than BB lead or F steel, or .22 caliber rimfire firearms. Hogs may
    not be taken with the aid of dogs, EXCEPT unmarked hogs may be taken with the aid of dogs on Pearl River
    WMA, Red River WMA and Three Rivers WMA Feb. 14-28 by permit from either the Baton Rouge or
    Ferriday offices and all hogs must be killed immediately and may not be transported live under any
    conditions and hunters may use centerfire pistols in addition to using guns allowed for season in progress.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    transporting live hogs illegal in the state of Louisiana
    see page 30 of the 2008-2009 Hunting Regulations

I think that regulation is for WMA hogs. The reason it says ALL hogs, is to cover both tagged and untagged. I don't think the LDWF can regulate what you do with "domesticated" animals on your own property.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    There is a limited season fro hog hunting in Vidallia,LA at the National Forest it is down by deer park. The season runs from feb 14 to feb 28. You can not ride ATV you have to walk it. But there are plenty of hogs we killed six last year.

Are wild hogs good to eat??

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Are wild hogs good to eat??

A lot of people say it depends on their size, also their sex. Like a large male would be the worst, and a young female the best. I shot this one last year, she weighed in right over 200 gutted. The roast were good, sausage good, chops to tuff for my liking, the ribs were to damn tuff for anyone's likings.
    Pig.jpg

VM 2

Swine flued
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 7, 2007
    Baton Rouge / NOLA
    A lot of people say it depends on their size, also their sex. Like a large male would be the worst, and a young female the best. I shot this one last year, she weighed in right over 200 gutted. The roast were good, sausage good, chops to tuff for my liking, the ribs were to damn tuff for anyone's likings.
    Pig.jpg

Where would you go for something like that

whttnbrg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    I love wild hogs. Just looking for a place to trap and run them on some private land in the off season.

bonecollector

Defend-LA, LLC
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Slidell, LA
    I have 750 Acres plus my buddy's 1200 acres next door located in Waynesboro, MS. Its a 2 hour drive. If you want to make a weekend trip, let me know.
    Plush accomodations available especially for productive hunter/dog teams.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have 750 Acres plus my buddy's 1200 acres next door located in Waynesboro, MS. Its a 2 hour drive. If you want to make a weekend trip, let me know. Plush accommodations available especially for productive hunter/dog teams.

Anyplace to land a helicopter? :naughty: Would plush accommodations be available for me if that's all I had to bring to the party instead of a dog? I think I could be just as productive...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom