New here looking for advice.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome.

PSA tolerances are not what they use to be. I wouldn't use their LPK's, at least not the last ones I saw. They are first to run to the bottom of the market, sure most of their parts are serviceable, but you need to take a hard look at their LPK kit and the new lowers with the tightening screw are so out of spec they need a tightening screw.... If you can buy parts from them, especially FN barrels they are usually the first to run to the bottom when the market catches up, so you can get some good prices.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I got one of their lower build kits last month, everything went together just fine for me. Trigger sucked, but that was expected.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I got one of their lower build kits last month, everything went together just fine for me. Trigger sucked, but that was expected.

Yeah, you just need to inspect the LPK's before you use them, there isn't much you can screw up in one, but they do have some with crappy parts in them. But you never know where the parts are coming from, it could be different each batch they put together.

LAANG21B

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    plaquemine
    Welcome to the forums...im personally rocking a smith&wesson m&p15 OR model...i love it and it was pretty cheap paid $899 +tax at cabelas but that was a few years ago before the stupid tax was applied! Lol anyways i dropped the timney gold skeletonized 3lb trigger in and threwaburris mtac w/fastfire3 on top no complaints! Check the for sale threads theres plenty of AR's tricked out or stock for decent prices...good luck and welcome again...

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yeah, you just need to inspect the LPK's before you use them, there isn't much you can screw up in one, but they do have some with crappy parts in them. But you never know where the parts are coming from, it could be different each batch they put together.

That is part of the issue. I'm sure that even with the parts you're getting for resale, there is no guarantee of who made it, and you probably don't know who it was made by.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I have one I put together about 6 months ago and it is made of parts from everywhere. So far I have only shot russian steel through it with no problems.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    That is part of the issue. I'm sure that even with the parts you're getting for resale, there is no guarantee of who made it, and you probably don't know who it was made by.

Exactly, PSA was great when they were smaller and inspected their parts! I have sent quite a few items back, some from major manufactures (Glock for one) for quality control issues, and we just opened this week. If you don't know enough to know what to look for, spending a few more bucks for a better kit is an option, or to get someone to help you out.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Exactly, PSA was great when they were smaller and inspected their parts! I have sent quite a few items back, some from major manufactures (Glock for one) for quality control issues, and we just opened this week. If you don't know enough to know what to look for, spending a few more bucks for a better kit is an option, or to get someone to help you out.

I'd say he is in the right place for that :)

The few more dollars is always an option, but you would be hard pressed to find anyone selling a rifle of similar quality within the same price range.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom