savage 110E - good?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i found a good deal on a savage 110E in 30-06 and a leupold vx-ii AO 4-12x40.

is this a good gun? i'm not looking for MOA accuracy but something accurate and reliable is what i'd like.

nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    i found a good deal on a savage 110E in 30-06 and a leupold vx-ii AO 4-12x40.

is this a good gun? i'm not looking for MOA accuracy but something accurate and reliable is what i'd like.

I shoot a savage 116fsak in 7mm Rem Mag. The only thing i changed was the trigger. Savage is known for out of the box accuracy, but a sad ass trigger. Mine has been great. Super accurate. Granted..the fsak is the stainless fluted version which has all the bells and whistles, but i like savage in general.

hickman

hiding in the piney woods
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    Alexandria, LA
    I wouldn't hesitate. Savage is a good gun, especially with the accutrigger, accurate out of the box is a good description. Leupy is known for good glass and damn good warranty as well.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I ended up getting it but with a different scope. Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40.

savage1.jpg

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I put 40 rounds through it yesterday trying to sight it in. I think I got fairly close but my shots started getting off as my shoulder is pretty sore. I'm going to pick up a recoil pad and some more ammo and go back. :o

nolacop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I put 40 rounds through it yesterday trying to sight it in. I think I got fairly close but my shots started getting off as my shoulder is pretty sore. I'm going to pick up a recoil pad and some more ammo and go back. :o

dont forget to let the barrel cool off...red hot barrels with throw off accuracy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom