Items LEO need to buy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am curious what items that are either not issued, or are that are issued and lots of LEO upgrade that they would need to buy.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Most full time LEO are issued almost everything job related they need but that varies from LEA to LEA..

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Most full time LEO are issued almost everything job related they need but that varies from LEA to LEA..

I understand that, I was just curious if there was an item that LEO upgraded or bought extra of. I am applying for a couple of LEO discount programs and would like to help service local LEO if they have any needs.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Back Up Gun, Magazines, Weapon Mounted Lights, Hand Held Lights, Knives, Gloves, Punch/Impact Devise to break glass.
    If you can not beat Don Hogan's price they will be hard to sell.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Don hogan can suck my nuts with his unfriendly ass employees.

On that note its not hard to beat his prices. Id support local business if prices were comparable to the interzweb and people were friendly.

Sent from the bunker.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    BRPD issues uniforms(excluding boots),gun w/3 magazines( no light),pair of handcuffs, stinger flashlight, duty belt with pouches for issued gear and holster, and a PR-24. Anything else you have to purchase separately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Flashlights and weapon mounted lights, holsters for weapons with lights. Slings, secondary weapon holsters, Handcuffs, quality boots, knives. I had to buy everything as a reserve, but I would think these items would be bought by full time too.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Don't think I will move into the boot business. If someone can sell at a good price, than anyone can, you just have to work the distributors. What is the LEO discount at BR police supply or is it price as marked?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Don't think I will move into the boot business. If someone can sell at a good price, than anyone can, you just have to work the distributors. What is the LEO discount at BR police supply or is it price as marked?

They give a small discount on safariland brand but everything else is as marked. They get business due to their LE priced glocks. If they would lose that then their business would dwindle. Most of their stuff is MSRP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Ive gotten discount on 5.11 gear from them.

Weapon mounted light, (with holster) knife, boots, GOOD SOCKS, back up firearm, good writing pens, flashlight, gloves. gone through lots of pairs of gloves (but im also a germophobe, so i use gloves a lot)

- - - Updated - - -

Ive gotten discount on 5.11 gear from them.

Weapon mounted light, (with holster) knife, boots, GOOD SOCKS, back up firearm, good writing pens, flashlight, gloves. gone through lots of pairs of gloves (but im also a germophobe, so i use gloves a lot)

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I am working on some official LEO discount programs, but Margins are thin on guns to just give a blanket discount. I don't have the room to go all out with the 5.11 gear, but flashlights (mounted and non mounted), good pens, Back up guns, holsters, etc. I can keep on hand. I just have to find the right flavors. I am sure most will be pleased with general firearm pricing.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Glock, HK, Sig, S&W would be the most popular pistols and all offer a discount to LEO as many others do.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom