"Cop Watch" paying people to provoke Police.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    |

by Lauren Trager / News 4

KMOV.com

Related:

KMOV mobile app - for news on the go

(KMOV) --Provoking police just to earn cold hard cash: that’s the idea behind a group advertising in St. Louis. But that cash could come out of the tax payer pocket.

*Instantly pretty aggravated, I was pretty mad right away,* said Jonathon Miller.

Miller was simply searching for a job on Craigslist when he came across the advertisement for a group called *Cop Watch.*

In poorly written text, it asks for a crew to shoot video of undercover investigators pushing police to violate civil rights.

The ad promises pay of $50-60,000 all from the revenue of lawsuits.

*From the ad, do you get the sense they want to bait cops into doing something wrong? To me that’s what it seemed like, intentionally causing conflict.*

News 4 did some digging and found that *Cop Watch* is a national organization claiming to root out misconduct by catching bad cops on camera...

News 4’s Lauren Trager emailed the address on the ad, but no one got back to her.

*I think it’s illegal, a scam and I think its shameful behavior,* said Jeff Roorda with the St. Louis Police Officer’s Association. He taking the video isn’t the problem—it’s provoking police. He says it could be considered entrapment or extortion.

More- he says it could be putting people in harm’s way and will only hurt taxpayers who foot the bill for frivolous lawsuits.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    |

by Lauren Trager / News 4

KMOV.com

Related:

KMOV mobile app - for news on the go

(KMOV) --Provoking police just to earn cold hard cash: that’s the idea behind a group advertising in St. Louis. But that cash could come out of the tax payer pocket.

*Instantly pretty aggravated, I was pretty mad right away,* said Jonathon Miller.

Miller was simply searching for a job on Craigslist when he came across the advertisement for a group called *Cop Watch.*

In poorly written text, it asks for a crew to shoot video of undercover investigators pushing police to violate civil rights.

The ad promises pay of $50-60,000 all from the revenue of lawsuits.

*From the ad, do you get the sense they want to bait cops into doing something wrong? To me that’s what it seemed like, intentionally causing conflict.*

News 4 did some digging and found that *Cop Watch* is a national organization claiming to root out misconduct by catching bad cops on camera...

News 4’s Lauren Trager emailed the address on the ad, but no one got back to her.

*I think it’s illegal, a scam and I think its shameful behavior,* said Jeff Roorda with the St. Louis Police Officer’s Association. He taking the video isn’t the problem—it’s provoking police. He says it could be considered entrapment or extortion.

More- he says it could be putting people in harm’s way and will only hurt taxpayers who foot the bill for frivolous lawsuits.

and on top of all of that, it is taking precious time away from already understaffed cops who could be using it more efficiently to deter real crime.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    This is ridiculous. Trying to provoke police is a terrible idea. What would be great is to see this police force install their own personal leo cams like NOLA is doing. This would completely render cop watch useless.

Hoping someone gets shot? :rolleyes:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    WTF is wrong with people... I wont lie, I kind of hope one gets shot.

Sounds like a good way of proving a point, but I hope that doesn't happen. I'd hate to see a LEO's life ruined by a bunch of a$$holes. I hate hearing that any cop had to shoot someone. You know there's always plenty of people out there looking at every LEO shooting and trying to place blame on the cop instead of the "poor innocent boy who was even doing anything wrong" (even though he had a gun pointed at the cop and a long criminal history!!). That being said, they need to prosecute the ones who placed the ad.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Sounds like a good way of proving a point, but I hope that doesn't happen. I'd hate to see a LEO's life ruined by a bunch of a$$holes. I hate hearing that any cop had to shoot someone. You know there's always plenty of people out there looking at every LEO shooting and trying to place blame on the cop instead of the "poor innocent boy who was even doing anything wrong" (even though he had a gun pointed at the cop and a long criminal history!!). That being said, they need to prosecute the ones who placed the ad.

come on guys, I obviously meant justifiable homicide. The perfect situation would be cop gets off and bad guy dead. That's why the word "hope" was used.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nnslync
    Top Bottom