Marines - what are your thoughts on proposed uniform change?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Marines - what are your thoughts on proposed uniform change?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/24/marines-turn-noses-obamas-new-girly-hats/

I have no dog in this fight, except as an American with utmost respect for our soldiers. That said, I initially thought this was a joke...

1) Is there seriously a proposal to make the Marine Corps uniforms look less masculine? Don't female uniforms already feature skirts and different covers?

2) Who has time and resources to even come up with this sh*t?

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    What I think about the proposed change is similar to what I thought about the Beret change in the Army a few years ago. I strongly disagree with the proposed change.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    #1 - Waste of money
    #2- Waste of time
    #3- Waste of money
    #4- Unnecessary disruption of tradition and esprit de-corps
    #5- Unnecessary disruption of morale
    #6- Waste of money
    #7- WOuld rather see money spent on giving military back tuition assistance.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Is this real life?

The current uniforms have worked for how many years now?

I like the ones that are currently being worn. Always have.

And lets be real. Financially, how much will it cost to revamp an entire military branch with uniforms?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Marine Corps head Gen. James Amos makes the ultimate decision, and officials have until the end of this week to give their thumbs-up or thumbs-down to the proposed hat. But an informal survey of the Marine uniform advisory board already found: *The group members did not like the appearance of the Dan Daly cap on the male Marine,* The Post reported.

Case Closed

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    It looks completely retarded. Marines just look like some bad@$$ mofo's in their uniforms. It's a lot better than the Cracker Jack crap I wore! Lol

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As a non-military layman observer; the Marine Corp Blues are some of the most distinctive and attractive Military dress uniforms in the world. Unless you are a complete waste of space; you know a Marine when you see one in that uniform.

The bigger question is why is someone even being paid (I assume they are), to introduce this idea in the first place?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It's not the appearance that's ridiculous IMO. Doesn't look all that bad.

I just hate messing with **** that ain't broke.

Then as EMP eluded to, what exactly is the reason behind the proposal? Especially in such an economic time where Military Spending is being put under the microscope, and rightfully so. That's the kind of **** that irks me.

....and why is Obama's name attached to this? did (he) really push this? or is this actually a Branch Chiefs push?

I find it hard to believe that Obama really gives a **** about a specific Marine uniform cover.

Who knows...

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The Washington Post is the only article I found that doesn't cite The New York Post as the source of this news. Fox and everyone else seems to cit NYP. NYP is such a rag that I don't value it very highly. They did not cite a damned thing in their article or even name who they got information from. They're the first one to attribute it to Obama, likely for headline shock value.

People attribute so much **** to Obama that has nothing to do with him that it just dilutes the ability to effectively **** on him for the stuff he does deserve.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The Washington Post is the only article I found that doesn't cite The New York Post as the source of this news. Fox and everyone else seems to cit NYP. NYP is such a rag that I don't value it very highly. They did not cite a damned thing in their article or even name who they got information from. They're the first one to attribute it to Obama, likely for headline shock value.

People attribute so much **** to Obama that has nothing to do with him that it just dilutes the ability to effectively **** on him for the stuff he does deserve.

Exactly my point. Which is why I don't put too much stock in this.

(We) all here are aware of just how many things get (proposed, suggested even officially introduced in Congress or elsewhere),
    and we should be aware of just how many of those never even come to pass.

More or less like a shot across the bow. Just so someone can say, "I tried", they turned me down.

Just pacifying the constituents.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Exactly my point. Which is why I don't put too much stock in this.

(We) all here are aware of just how many things get (proposed, suggested even officially introduced in Congress or elsewhere),
    and we should be aware of just how many of those never even come to pass.

More or less like a shot across the bow. Just so someone can say, "I tried", they turned me down.

Just pacifying the constituents.

But even if that is the case. Who is paying for the prototype of this silly thing? Even if a potential government leech was running this up the flag pole, and of course assuming this is a legitimate pitch; who paid for the models in the pics? Who paid for the designer (ahem), to actually draw that up? Who paid for the prototypes?

Let's assume (because it usually is the case), that some tax money was used for this exercise in futility; even if it was just $100 it needs to stop! Do you know how many $100deals there are out there like this?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    But even if that is the case. Who is paying for the prototype of this silly thing? Even if a potential government leech was running this up the flag pole, and of course assuming this is a legitimate pitch; who paid for the models in the pics? Who paid for the designer (ahem), to actually draw that up? Who paid for the prototypes?

Let's assume (because it usually is the case), that some tax money was used for this exercise in futility; even if it was just $100 it needs to stop! Do you know how many $100deals there are out there like this?

$100!? A $100!?! …lol BigGov can't keep up with Billions much less $100.

Which makes me wonder where did this actually come from.
    I can tell you that here in the SmallGov World,
    nuts are being crushed. We don't even THINK about ordering Office Supplies. Back to using pencils and pencil sharpeners. Toilet Paper? more like Onion Skin. Ever heard of NetZero? Better bring a Coffee Mug. Better yet, coffee? Better drink some water….from the Fountain.

I see the efforts of 'Cut backs' all over Fort Polk. The Gov is cracking down. Believe me. It's just that out of control spending is so...well...out of control and so deeply rooted in so many special interest group pockets that it really does seem impossible to ever fully turn around.

(The Hill) has no problem looking at Big Army and saying to each base,
    "you're all losing 40 Million a year in the budget, deal with it".....and they do.

EMP, working as a CIV on a Military Installation for 7 years now in the Supply/Logistics/Environmental side of the house,
    I could spike your blood pressure with examples of Gov. money wasted.

...and it starts with GSA.

I'm just glad that now days when we see these kinds of proposals, people's natural reaction is getting in tune. It's usually to the tune of "WTF!?" how about getting the country back on track before we start proposing spending money on Military hats.

That kind of attitude by the American Public gives me hope....kinda....

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    should have made the change a long time ago

a light pink for the ladies and light blue frill around the collar(a small one) would help the look

im just kidding

Top Bottom