Phobos Intro to Tactical Medicine 12/14 & 12/15 Covington, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phobos Sol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2013
    Greater NOLA
    Phobos Solutions introduces Tactical Medicine (TCCC).

December 14th and 15th, 2013 in Covington, LA "The Pit".

This is being held at a range, but students will not need a firearm. The live fire portion of this course will be covered using Phobos Solutions provided equipment. Both days are required for this course.

Phobos Solutions is proud to host a Combat Medical expert. The guest instructor is an honorably discharged 18D (Special Operations Combat Medic) with over 15 years of Combat Medical experience as an operator and instructor. The guest instructor was the head medic for his last two platoons while with the US NAVY SEALS and has numerous combat deployments in this role. He has also spent his time since leaving Naval Special Warfare continuing to serve numerous government agencies as a Private Military Contractor. He is currently the Lead Medical Instructor for one of the largest Private Contacting firms. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn from a true master of the combat medical craft.

This course was created to assist local law enforcement and/ or civilian's by increasing their ability to asses, stabilize, and evacuate causalities that occur during violent circumstances. This course will include lecture, practical application, and scenarios to include simulated live fire. Using the military's Tactical Combat Casualty Care, commonly referred to as TCCC, the students will receive instruction on the Individual First Aid Kit, commonly referred to as an IFAK, and the proper use and deployment of the items contained in that IFAK, which all armed individual should have access to. The course will progress into patient assessment, practical exercises, and scenarios.

To register for this course or for more info please email info@phobossolutions.com or PM us. You can also PM Sigfan for quicker response on this forum.

The following topics will be covered during the course:

• Introduction to Casualty Care
    • Introduction and use of the medical gear/IFAK
    • Triaging patients
    • Tourniquets
    • Hemostatic agents
    • Gauze and wound packing
    • Pressure dressings, both dedicated and improvised
    • Airway, basic and advanced
    • Use of SAM splint/improvised splints
    • Care under fire
    • Patient assessment
    • The treatment of shock
    • Chest wounds/ chest seals
    • Tension Pneumothorax
    • Tissue trauma effects

Gear List: Note taking materials, your own (if you have your own) IFAK/Med Pack

Bring a change of clothing as you will probably stain, damage, and dirty the clothing you are wear during the course.

• Cost per student for two day course w/IFAK supplied-$550
    • Cost per student for two day course without IFAK supplied-$400

Last edited:

Phobos Sol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2013
    Greater NOLA
    Thanks Chad. Yes he is correct, typo when writing it. I have fixed it. Thank you again for letting me know. We also have a PM here or you can PM Sigfan, my personal account, which is what I usually stay logged in to.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Another reason to add this type of training to your tool box!!

"LAX security officer bled for 33 minutes as help stood by, report says"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/15/lax-security-officer-bled-for-33-minutes-as-help-stood-by/?intcmp=latestnews

Just reinforces that fact that my daily carry of an Israeli Bandage and a tourniquet, is not me just being paranoid! More so now that I have a family to worry about!

Even having the presence of mind to move him the 20 feet out of the terminal could have saved his life. It is amazingly tragic that this happened.

Top Bottom