Meplat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa View Post
    No offense, but pretty much all of the info in this thread is wrong or incomplete.

I'd like you to point it out if you could,
    instead of making a broad statement leaving everyone wondering exactly who you're talking to.

Especially considering that you basically repeated what was 'suggested' through a few post,
    but then said 'pretty much all the info in this thread is wrong'.
    Last edited by Hitman; November 3rd, 2013 at 03:24 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The Honda CRF250L and the XR650L are two factory street legal bikes by Honda. There's only about 40lbs separating the 650 from the 250 and part of that comes from the larger gas tank on the 650. There's also $2k separating them.....

Anyway I'm still doing research but the. Two above fit my needs and the CRF250L seems to do it for considerably less. I wonder of the 250 will feel to small with my 250lb frame. The last time I was on a 250cc dirt bike I was about 60lbs lighter.

Wealthy women wanted

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bhart89 View Post

I wonder of the 250 will feel to small with my 250lb frame. The last time I was on a 250cc dirt bike I was about 60lbs lighter.
    Yes, it will. Especially if you ever decide to go faster than 50mph

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have seen XR 400's and CRF450X models that are street legal. I have seen some for sale in Houston recently on Craigslist. Some times there are some on E-Bay for sale. I have had two 400's and five CRF450's over the years. 400 has a motor that is very electric, 450's have way more power, almost too much for the woods.
    One team, one mission, only one result! Seals 1 Bin Laden 0

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expert684 View Post
    I have seen XR 400's and CRF450X models that are street legal. I have seen some for sale in Houston recently on Craigslist. Some times there are some on E-Bay for sale. I have had two 400's and five CRF450's over the years. 400 has a motor that is very electric, 450's have way more power, almost too much for the woods.
    So based on your 450's may have too much for the woods comment do you think the XR 650 is a bad choice too?

User Info Menu

I get his point about the woods comment but in the end it's all about the driver. I knew a Bike Mechanic in Ruston who rode a CR500 like a damn tricycle. That bike scared the shit out me. Looked and felt like a damn horse. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Marksman

User Info Menu

So based on your 450's may have too much for the woods comment do you think the XR 650 is a bad choice too?
    XR650 is too much weight for the woods. It has the agility of a bus. Judging by the opening post, and not being disrespectful the gentleman might not have the experience for a 450. I raced hare scrambles, enduros and motocross for 40 years. Trust me there is nothing worse than someone riding above their skill level.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expert684 View Post
    XR650 is too much weight for the woods. It has the agility of a bus. Judging by the opening post, and not being disrespectful the gentleman might not have the experience for a 450. I raced hare scrambles, enduros and motocross for 40 years. Trust me there is nothing worse than someone riding above their skill level.
    Lol. I'm that gentleman. And you are right. I haven't been on a dirt bike in 20 years. I'm not looking for a race bike. I'm looking for something that is comfortable that will let me explore some fire roads and trails. Perhaps the XR250L is what I should be looking at. (or other 250cc dual sport).

Marksman

User Info Menu

Lol. I'm that gentleman. And you are right. I haven't been on a dirt bike in 20 years. I'm not looking for a race bike. I'm looking for something that is comfortable that will let me explore some fire roads and trails. Perhaps the XR250L is what I should be looking at. (or other 250cc dual sport).
    That would be a good choice, an XR400 that would be street legal would work real good for you. Very smooth power delivery. Only 28 horsepower, but smooth torque. Good luck!!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I'd like you to point it out if you could,
    instead of making a broad statement leaving everyone wondering exactly who you're talking to.

Especially considering that you basically repeated what was 'suggested' through a few post,
    but then said 'pretty much all the info in this thread is wrong'.
    Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. No offense was intended on my part. Let me rephrase that to "info provided so far is incomplete". Better?