RC STG 44

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I'm sure some of you have seen this but I didn't see it posted and it is pretty crazy. It's amazing what guns turn up in Africa and the Middle East.

Although I guess on the battlefield you can't afford to worry about preserving authenticity. Also is he drinking a coke zero?

242343-660x398.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/09/30/mind-blown-remote-control-sturmgewehr-44-syria/

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Interesting..At first I thought it might be one of the .22 repros made these days but after reading the article and it saying the Syrian Rebels might have found a cache of 5000 of them I started to wonder. There were around 500K of them made so I guess its possible..I'd do almost anything to have one myself!!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The modern Muslim fascist started out of NAZI'ism. I wouldn't be surprised to find out a large amount STG44's ended up in the middle east.

Dave

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    A large number of captured German weaponry made their way to Africa not through the Russians, but through Colonial powers supporting their allies in the former colonies... France, Spain, Britain, Belgium ... even Italy. Look at who was the former ruler of the Colony and most likely the old guns were shipped in by them (Britain for example sent thousands of captured German Arms to Iraq in the late 40's, early 50's - including Stg44).

We can most likely thank the British for the Stg44s in Syria as well.

Note the variety in this picture taken in the late 1980's... FN, Spanish, German, Czech, Italian ... there is even an M14 ...

stg-44.jpg

Hundreds of Syrian Stg44s captured again... in Syria... From a Military Arsenal liberated by the rebels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EsCle4ooM0#t=16

Last edited:

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    A large number of captured German weaponry made their way to Africa not through the Russians, but through Colonial powers supporting their allies in the former colonies... France, Spain, Britain, Belgium ... even Italy. Look at who was the former ruler of the Colony and most likely the old guns were shipped in by them (Britain for example sent thousands of captured German Arms to Iraq in the late 40's, early 50's - including Stg44).

We can most likely thank the British for the Stg44s in Syria as well.

Note the variety in this picture taken in the late 1980's... FN, Spanish, German, Czech, Italian ... there is even an M14 ...

stg-44.jpg

Hundreds of Syrian Stg44s captured again... in Syria... From a Military Arsenal liberated by the rebels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EsCle4ooM0#t=16

There's also an Egyptian Hakim. Great rifle by the way. It's like the United Nations of Rifles.

Dave

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My guess is that it's a home rigged firearm made from several different weapons. I could be mistaken but I think it has two triggers. So either a set trigger or a double barrel something with a barrel shroud?

Dave

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom