Forum Newbie in the CENLA area!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djbigskrilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Hi folks, I'm Justin currently living in the CENLA area, but born and raised in the heart of cajun country, Eunice La. to be exact. Many of the members here from SNI (Sports N Imports) may know or remember me from there and LTS (Louisiana Truck Scene). I've been a registered member here for a while but rarely do I post. I do currently own a pistol a Smith & Wesson SD9 VE. It was a bargin budget piece to get something in my hands and see if I was going to enjoy carrying or shooting a Pistol. Most of my firearms background has been with Shotguns and on seldom trips out hunting with a rifle. I have shot handguns in the past but never owned or shot more than 50 rounds before owning my own. I've been around firearms all my life handguns included so I know what kind of respect you should have towards them. I have also as most typical young boys do completed hunter safety but that does little with handguns. Before purchasing I spent quite a bit of time on multiple different forums as well as other sites and videos trying to learn as much as I can about the proper ways to carry, what to carry, and any state and federal regulations that may apply to me as an individual as well as overall. One thing I would really like to do is to get a different firearm for EDC as well as get the proper training to get CCL and other defensive training involving firearms. I also have plans to purchase more firearms later on down the road as I really have come to enjoy shooting as a sport as well as the usual hunting and using new methods of hunting (have only hunted using a shotgun). There is tons more to me than just guns though. I am pretty active in the custom vehicle scenes, I currently own and ride as much as I can a 2013 Harley Davidson FatBob. I am a full time student as well as work full time for a news paper as a circulation district manager. My schedule stays pretty full and when I do have free time I enjoy spending it with my family and friends. My girlfriend and I both have children not with each other but we do have them lol. I realize the dangers and threats that come with owning firearms in a household with little ones. Thankfully, all of our youngin's are a bit older and are able to understand the dangers and the level of respect it takes to be around them. My son does go to the range with me every once in a while and will shoot. My girlfriends children are into firearms on a small level but they are into them at the very least.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Welcome! Live down here- but spend a lot of time in Cenla & consider it a second home! :cheers:

steven1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    welcome, djbig, am assuming CENLA is above I-10, and not under water? farthest north in LA i ever lived was lafayette, off johnston street

Last edited:

djbigskrilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Thanks for the welcome guys. Steven1 yes Cenla is north of I-10. Basically you can think of it anything north of St. Landry Parish is considered Cenla and it goes up to around Natchitoches.

For all the Cenla folks do any of you ever get together and have Range Days or Meets?

Top Bottom