Nope. It's not an AK.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Loving my new vz58. Got to put some rounds through it yesterday. I hit a few clays with minimal effort at 200 yds. After that I was a little giddy.

It's the CAI vz2008, assembled from a Czech parts kits. I am very impressed with the craft of the gun and milled lower. Happy I took the century gamble. This is a great rifle.

asera9up.jpg

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I saw it and had to track some down, I have two kits on the way, whenever they get sent out.

glad you liked it. I was really impressed after breaking it down and cleaning it. The trigger is long but has a clean break. The pistol grip is a tag small but I can live with it. The rifle is light and handles very well. Even the girlfriend like shooting it, although she usually prefers pistols.

These seems to be drying up, with only around 1 million made iirc. And century got their game straight for this batch.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    glad you liked it. I was really impressed after breaking it down and cleaning it. The trigger is long but has a clean break. The pistol grip is a tag small but I can live with it. The rifle is light and handles very well. Even the girlfriend like shooting it, although she usually prefers pistols.

These seems to be drying up, with only around 1 million made iirc. And century got their game straight for this batch.

Must be a Wednesday rifle.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think Century touched the VZ's. I have seen some impressive Century rifles (not touched by Century, just imported) and some pretty shitty Century rifles come through. Some I can fix, some go back to my distributor. One had a really smooth action, just needed to be torn down and put together straight...

jsully

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Bossier City, Louisiana
    I had a Czechpoint vz-58 for awhile. The vz-58 is a very interesting rifle. I really liked it, but got out of tactical rifles. The century gun is a lot better deal than the Czech made guns. Hope you enjoy your rifle and congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom