Lowers and LPKs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    This is the deal I'm looking to get a few Lowers and LPKs I'm fine with the LPKs being mil-spec but I want quality stuff. I just put my 1st kit in a lower and the kit sucks but I'm happy to know its not hard at all to put a lower together and this is just gonna be a beater gun so it doesn't matter.

But I want the next few to be right so what I'm looking to find out is what Lowers and LPKs are G-2-G?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Daniel defense has LPKs for $99, white oak has LPKs without a trigger for $43, with an ALG ACT trigger for $100. Both are great.

Crippler7815

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm running Rock River on an Aero Precision Lower. Their 2 stage trigger wasn't bad at all, but I switched to Geissele SSA-E because I found a killer deal and why the hell not. I'd run RRA again without a worry.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I have always used Spikes lowers. Used their lpk for my last one. Trigger isn't anything wonderful but most lpk triggers aren't. Put a JP trigger in my last build.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Are you looking to put one together to gain the experience of putting it together or is this for the A2 you were asking about earlier?

I got a A2 and a A1 done. Now I wanna do a couple flat tops. I'm just gonna pick up a few Lowers and LPKs and build them then as I see a good deal on a upper I will order it.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    You want 2? I can do 2 billet lowers, two LPK's with QMS triggers for under $400 within the next two weeks. A little more for ACT triggers.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Thanks for all the advice y'all. I know I'm gonna build 4) lowers before I start looking at uppers. I wanna go with stripped lowers unless I find a deal I can't pass up. The lower I just built is a Rock River and it seems like a pretty good lower so I may pick up a few more.
    On the triggers I'm fine with heavy mil-spec triggers I just wanna buy kits that are in spec. But I guess the chance to get a bad part is always there.

I must say the JP stuff looks pretty good.

Thanks BigTat

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The JP parts are good across the board, they are a little high at the distributor, wholesale and retail level, but are great to use when some parts just are not available elsewhere.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lowers:
    My understanding is that most decent lower receivers come down to your preference in roll mark. That said, some guys have had trouble with Noveske being out of spec- personally, mine is fine (Forged Gen1 Blem). I've also enjoyed my LRB and would gladly buy another one (http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8913&dir=700|863|1068). Aero Precision has a good reputation, as well, and is priced nice.

LPKs:
    I have no reason to use anything but a milspec trigger. Spike's or PSA can be had for relatively cheap, but I've used Daniel Defense in all my guns.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom