Hope for Humanity Restored

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    a-faith-in-humanity-restored-dumpaday-28.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yesterday, on my way to hunting, I stopped on the road and put my flashers on. I have to stop in the middle of the two lane road to unlock the gate that butts right up to the shoulder. Before I got out, I noticed a small pick up was heading toward me from the opposite direction. As I noticed him slow down I placed my right hand on my gun (in cup holder, of course), and started to press the button rolling down the window. As the truck stopped right along side me, I noticed a small older gent was driving. He and I just stared at each other awkwardly for a second until he said, "I saw you had your flashers on?!?" I said, "No I'm good, I am opening my gate!" He replied, "Oh, okay!" I said, "Hey man, thanks! Good samaritanism is few and far between these days!" He agreed, and went on his way.

True story!

This thread? Coincidence?

:dunno:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Odd, I did not think the pollen would be bad this time of year. Allergies are getting to me.... :D

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Heard this story on my ride into work this morning.
    Swimming champ, 9, gives trophy to hospitalized rival.
    http://www.today.com/news/swimming-champ-9-gives-trophy-hospitalized-rival-2D11745905

2D9987869-today-swimmer-131213-01.blocks_desktop_medium.jpg

When it was over, he gave the trophy to Reese’s swim coach with a card that read, "I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well. Get well soon. So we can get back to battling in the pool. I have looked up to you since I was seven. You were an inspiration for me wanting to swim fast. I would rather get second with you at the meet then win with you absent. I won this trophy for you today. I hope to see (you) back in the pool. Your friend, Josh.’’

dm-asks-a.jpg

images

rRzpr.jpg

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    cool_soldier_flag_coin_01.jpg

cool_soldier_flag_coin_02.jpg

cool_soldier_flag_coin_03.jpg

cool_soldier_flag_coin_04.jpg

Homeless man Robert Williams was sitting barefoot because his shoes got wet. He was using his shirt to keep his feet warm. When 29-year-old NYC police officer Carlos Ramos saw this, he took off his own sweatshirt and gave it to the homeless man.
    the_kindest_act_of_one_nyc_police_officer_01.jpg

the_kindest_act_of_one_nyc_police_officer_02.jpg

the_kindest_act_of_one_nyc_police_officer_03.jpg

acid_picdump_41.jpg

people_who_prove_that_there_is_still_good_in_the_world_11.gif

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Thanks for starting this thread Paintball, and for your latest addition. The video of the young boy using his body as a bridge so the little girl could cross is especially meaningful for me. I see two of my grandkids in it. They're very affectionate towards one another and I have no doubt big brother would offer himself to aid his younger sister. Heros aren't relegated only to grown-ups. I only wish I knew how to copy this and share it with others in my family.

Top Bottom