Hope for Humanity Restored

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    nqvdqq81wl0hg3ahb2l7.jpg

0ftyebq5w969rig87b4.jpg

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    A nurse bends down to hug her former patient who was once paralyzed from the waist down.
    faith-in-humanity-restored-wholesome-images-10.gif

The moment she got the news that her adoption had gone through!
    faith-in-humanity-restored-wholesome-images-15.gif

faith-in-humanity-restored-wholesome-images-6.gif

Her father passed away ten years ago and his heart was donated. The man who received the transplant walked the bride down the aisle.
    faith-in-humanity-restored-wholesome-images-11.jpg

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    So I was spending some frustrating time trying to get used to the grip of a new gun and not progressing as well as I wanted, when I noticed that I was no longer alone at the Gretna Gun range. An older African-American man, maybe 65 or so walked in looking like the widest-eyed deer in the headlights I'd ever seen.

He was holding his pistol at a discomforting angle ( sweeping most of the room) and wasn't wearing his ear protection either, so I put my gun down and talked with him. Sure enough, he was a newbie and this was his first gun and first time at the range.

But no one had even taught him the basics.

Now, I'm not an instructor, but he was so helpless looking that I felt he needed a bit of instruction. I taught him the 4 rules of safe handling and then showed him how to work the lane. I had to hang his target for him because he was too short to reach it.

Then I had to shout at him to hold fire as I saw him about to pull the trigger with his thumb on the back end of the slide! Fortunately, he listened, and I explained that he was about to break his thumb the way he was holding the gun. I asked him how much training he had gotten when he purchased the gun: None. BTW he had not purchased it at Gretna Gun.

So I asked him to unload the gun, and we went through how to grip it properly, how to keep the finger safely off of the trigger until ready to fire, how to align the sights with the target, etc. Then I let him give it a go. He didn't do too badly for a first timer, but his stance was all wrong. The more he fired, the more he leaned backward and his hits crept upward. So I showed him a couple of shooting stances, and he seemed to like a modified Weaver the best, and then he reloaded - slowly because his thumbs were definitely not used to the work.

After he had used up his box of 50, he packed it in, and I told him to check with the guys at the front desk to see if he could find an instructor; he left with a smile at discovering how much fun target shooting could be, but with the idea that he needed a bit of work.

It never hurts to take a few moments to help out a newbie, if for no other reason than to keep from having them accidentally shoot you.
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?175980-Helped-a-newbie-at-Gretna-Gun

:hi5:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom