Former NOPD Officer Not Guilty in Katrina Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    is there an original thread covering the topic of this shooting? I'd like to read the initial article posted about this.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    I keep waiting for them to trump up some more "facts" with which to start another trial. It's like they just will NOT let the jury system work. They want to crucify this officer. Was he wrong? I can't say 100%. Was he justified? Again, I can't say 100%. I wasn't there and I am SO glad that I wasn't!

Hurricane Katrina aftermath. People shooting everywhere and no one knows who is doing what? Panic. Confusion. Shooting at the helicoptors. People going wild. The usual feral New Orleanians rioting and looting like they are trained to do. Who the hell want's to be in the middle of that ****-storm?!?! Not me.

Sorry the man got killed. But I can't say that in that hellish situation plus probably fatigue, lack of sleep and who know what else, a tragic mistake could happen. Or not .... :confused:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks!

What I don't get is, why go through all the trouble to cover up, plant evidence, falsify witnesses, and burn the car/body if it was a 'good shoot'?

The cops who burned the body did not know that it was an officer involved shooting at the time they ditched the body. The federal case hinged on all of the events being tried together or the case would fall apart. Warren's attorney should have gotten a separate trial but didn't. Then when the re-trial happened with just the events of the shootng, there was not really a solid case to support the allegation. This was clear from the original trial and was why the feds fought so hard to try them all together.

Warren himself didn't make the connection between the guy he fired at and the car burned on the levee until some time after the incident. Interestingly, one of the few things the witnesses agreed on at the trial was that Glover was wounded in the torso, either from the front or the back. A documentary photographer stumbled upon Glover's remains and shot film which shows a bullet hole in the back of the skull - a place that absolutely no one involved saw any wound. Some theorize that the cop who set the car ablaze may have actually killed Glover at the time that he shot out the windows in the car to make the fire blaze up.

Of course, we'll never know because there wasn't much left of the body, and the skull disappeared shortly after the film was shot.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    The cops who burned the body did not know that it was an officer involved shooting at the time they ditched the body. The federal case hinged on all of the events being tried together or the case would fall apart. Warren's attorney should have gotten a separate trial but didn't. Then when the re-trial happened with just the events of the shootng, there was not really a solid case to support the allegation. This was clear from the original trial and was why the feds fought so hard to try them all together.

Warren himself didn't make the connection between the guy he fired at and the car burned on the levee until some time after the incident. Interestingly, one of the few things the witnesses agreed on at the trial was that Glover was wounded in the torso, either from the front or the back. A documentary photographer stumbled upon Glover's remains and shot film which shows a bullet hole in the back of the skull - a place that absolutely no one involved saw any wound. Some theorize that the cop who set the car ablaze may have actually killed Glover at the time that he shot out the windows in the car to make the fire blaze up.

Of course, we'll never know because there wasn't much left of the body, and the skull disappeared shortly after the film was shot.

wow, interesting, thx

Top Bottom