Acadiana Outfitters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    Just thought I would share my recent transaction I had with this store. The location is right off of the highway in New Iberia and easy to get to and they do stock a bit of hunting gear (think Cabelas except 30x smaller). Customer service is terrible I tend to say something when a customer service representative is just talking to a friend so I can get what I need and get out but I waited just to see how long it would last so about 4 minutes into their discussion and me standing there looking at them the whole time with even a slide show presentation from the workers phone of pictures from his game cam I finally got what i needed but it doesn't end yet . I walk up to the front counter and ask about my item I needed to have them transfer to me at which point the lady has no idea , then makes a call , then looks for it , then makes call , and continues to look for it and finally finds the box which I'm sure had other items shipped with it besides just what I ordered but guess they got lost during "transit" so after about 20 minutes into looking it appears infront of me now mind you I called the day prior and let them know I would be there to pick it up around a certain time so IMHO customer service sucks (unless your an old friend I guess) FFL transfer is $50 which is a bit high and the firearm prices are about $100 more than anyone else in town I recommend going somewhere else to do business I know I will hell I can get better service from Walmart even if it does come with an attitude hahaha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JNieman

Dush
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I tried going there twice. I had the same experience with the people there. The first time, I couldn't find a single person IN the place. I could have just grabbed the merchandise and walked out, and unless they were watching me on cameras or something, I doubt it'd be noticed. When someone did show up, they walked right past me as I stared at them and went into another room. I left. The second time sounds like your experience. There were two people behind a counter. I walked around looking at stuff. I had some questions. I walked over to them and stared at them while they continued to talk to eachother. One looked me in the eye then went back to facing the coworker and continued to talk about their personal life.

Guess they don't need money all that much since they twice let mine walk right out the door. I'm fine with that. I have no trouble finding other people who would like to have my money. I'd rather give it to someone who needs it.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    They usually have their flashlights at a good discount at the beginning of the year sales event but that's about my only interest there.

Pas Tout La

Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I've neer been there, but have heard some stories similar to this. A friend of mine is friends with the owner and talks highly about the place. I do know that they help out with a benefit skeet shoot for our local VFD. That would probably be the only reason I would go there.

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    What is vfd?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom