Heads up! FN FAL Complete Kits - Limited Supply $325.00 at entreprise.com

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twistgrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Ponchatoula,LA
    Not a hard build on a quality receiver. Most common method to barrel is using a barrel vise with soft jaws and a receiver wrench to torque the assembly. I made my barrel vise using a pattern from gunthings, welded angle iron and poured inside with lead. Receiver wrenches can be purchased from several places for around $80 or less. Head specs against locking shoulder that drives/presses in. A little more involved than AR but not by much.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I've built several, I have all the tools, ya'll put it together I'd MC a build party need a location with a QUALITY vice. Be aware 922R requirements apply. If using a US receiver you need 6 other US parts gas piston, H,T,S, pistol grip, hand guards, are the most common, but will add a couple hundred to the build. May need to purchase a Locking shoulder of different size than is supplied with your kit, but on the whole with the right tools and someone who's built one before it's not that hard.

Last edited:

RRB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Lafayette
    Entreprise say they have around 1300 kits. These haven't been that cheap in quite awhile. These have barrels, which are no longer importable.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    + compliance parts (but Coonan recievers are cheaper)

Because I KNOW NONE of you would EVER violate 922...

Just buy it. Worst case the kits are worth more this time next year.

Hell, I have about 30 kits and rifles and I want some.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    So is it worth it to get the reparked finish? I'm guessing when you order the receiver the finish is park on that also? How can you tell if the kits are metric or inch?

Also reviews of this company don't look so good

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    So is it worth it to get the reparked finish? I'm guessing when you order the receiver the finish is park on that also? How can you tell if the kits are metric or inch?

Also reviews of this company don't look so good

THe reviews are such because some people (Such as myself) have had good results with their rifles. WHile others, have not (THey have been around since prior to the 1994 AWB.
    Over the years they HAVE had issues with QC.)

No one (Check the FALFILES) has any issue with them SHIPPING the product.

Some people repark, some people age the new receiver to match the gun, some people paint, and some people just shoot it. ive done all but age the receiver.

Its not an inch. That is designated as a L1A1 (And is more valuable due to lesser quantities made.)

I broke down (Before i decided to start getting rid of stuff) and picked up a couple kits.

With the Argies all but gone (22 left the other day) we will not see their like again.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Anybody get a shipping notice yet? My credit card charge posted on New Years Day. FWIW great first charge for 2014. Thinking about getting on Black Elks group buy on the Imbel receiver. Anybody else ping on that group buy?

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    So the op does not mention the site name. Where to get these?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    :rolleyes:It was a test. You flunked. I somehow stumbled across it. A blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then. FN FAL Files If you join they hang you out to dry for close to a week before you can post. I get the feeling this buy will not close real soon. With the interest in the Imbel kits more members there are joining the buy.
    http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352252

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    So which receiver goes with these kits? I am shopping around and see type 1, type 3, metric, inch , etc.?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I looked around a bit and some people were complaining of having do some work make the receivers from enterprise fit well with their kits.

Everyone seemed to like the kits though.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom