Heaven help the Boston PD when this guy takes office.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I would imagine that's a total for a complete rifle kit: the gun, optic, magazines,etc. Then again maybe not. not like it comes out of their pocket.

I guess, it just seems like a pretty big number to me, especially when you're buying 33 of them.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Sickening the mindset of what people think of these guns. AR's are much more effective than just shooting off some pistol rounds in a firefight with an opponent that has tons more firepower that doesn't abide by their ridiculous laws.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    $1100 rifle, $500 optic $200 light $50 sling $50 VFG $100 mags

What am I missing?

I'm not sure if that $2500 number reflects complete rifles or if they are buying LWRC

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm going to probably get flamed for this one but...

In cities where guns are illegal I'm happy to see the mayor say no AR's. I mean, they don't need them. No one should have guns. As a matter of fact in Chicago, NY, Boston, and the rest of the no gun towns police officers should only be issued tazers. They shouldn't need body armor either. Arm the swat teams sure, but guns should be rare. Let them see how what its like to live in an unarmed city.
    In no time at all their experienced police officers will find new employment and the rookies will be staying in their patrol cars. The citizens will be screaming to be able to defend themselves!
    The horrible side of all of this will be the officers killed on duty.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville

In cities where guns are illegal I'm happy to see the mayor say no AR's. I mean, they don't need them. No one should have guns. As a matter of fact in Chicago, NY, Boston, and the rest of the no gun towns police officers should only be issued tazers. They shouldn't need body armor either. Arm the swat teams sure, but guns should be rare. Let them see how what its like to live in an unarmed city.
    In no time at all their experienced police officers will find new employment and the rookies will be staying in their patrol cars. The citizens will be screaming to be able to defend themselves!

Good point. If there are laws in place where people can't own guns then why should the officers own them. The laws are in place correct and everyone follows them. No guns, no crime, no need for police to arm themselves. Gun laws work.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

That's a really short sighted viewpoint. The officers who may lose their lives due to a lack of proper equipment aren't the ones who make these decisions.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette

^^^This.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS

AND 911 operators should assume that emergency calls from businesses with signs that ban weapons are hoaxes. Crimes can't happen there, bad guys leave their guns outside right?!

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    That's a really short sighted viewpoint. The officers who may lose their lives due to a lack of proper equipment aren't the ones who make these decisions.

But, they are the ones who make the decision to take/keep the job. Free market. Unaccepable risk/reward; move on. People make those evaluations every day.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    It was meant sarcastically but with a kernel of truth. Not providing AR's cannot be good for the morale of the department.

I certainly don't want to see LEO's injured but the politicians and citizens have to realize that depending on police for their protection is a loosing proposition. Police cannot be everywhere, nor can they respond quickly enough. If gun laws work as well as they claim then they should have nothing to worry about and there's no reason for police to be armed and armored. Obviously this isn't true. Unfortunately, the liberals haven't figured that out. My point was that disarming the LEO's would probably save lives in the long run.

whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I sold a firearm to a soldier stationed on an east coast state that was home for the holidays. He can't take it with him, because he doesn't have a permit for it there... so he leaves his collection at home. He wanted to buy a pistol in his new state, he needed a permit, permission from his command, proof of where he was going to store it, and a whole lot of other BS before a SOLDIER could buy a gun!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom