Cotton's Gun Repair

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitesquirrel44

Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette Area
    I don't recommend doing buisness with Cotton's Gun Repair. I've never had him do any gunsmithing for me so I can't speak to the quality of his workmanship, but I've had three guns transfered through him. The last one took over a month and a half, due to scheduling conflict on both sides. I work out of state and only have one weekend off every two weeks, which is why I was looking for a new FFL dealer available on weekends. Given the duration of the last transfer, and holiday scheduling conflicts, I suggested that he may need to ship the gun to another FFL dealer if it couldn't wait until after the first of the year. He complained about having to ship the gun and said that would cost extra, when I asked how much, he said around $40. I asked again, if it could wait until after the first of the year and he said it would have to. When I went to pick up my gun today, I handed him his normal $20 fee, the price he quoted when I started using his services, he threw it back at me and said he quoted me $40, even though he didn't ship the gun. I gave him the $40 and offered him an extra $20 just to made sure we were square, he threw that back at me as well. Had I known it was going to cost the same price to wait, and to ship, I would have paid $2 for a stamp and money order, and had it shipped where I could have received it weeks ago.

John

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom