Armed militias retaking towns in Mexico

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Right idea? Please explain.

•MOTOR51•

Wow, do I really have to explain? Especially being a 2nd Amendment board I thought everyone here would get it.

The peaceful citizens of Mexico are being kicked around by ruthless cartels. Now they're standing up and fighting for their rights just as our forefathers in the U.S. did. This is an example of why the 2nd Amendment is still very important today. Had Mexico not disarmed their citizens I doubt the cartels would have ever gotten as far as they are now in the first place.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Wow, do I really have to explain? Especially being a 2nd Amendment board I thought everyone here would get it.

The peaceful citizens of Mexico are being kicked around by ruthless cartels. Now they're standing up and fighting for their rights just as our forefathers in the U.S. did. This is an example of why the 2nd Amendment is still very important today. Had Mexico not disarmed their citizens I doubt the cartels would have ever gotten as far as they are now in the first place.

You might want to re read the story or study history a little more.

•MOTOR51•

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I don't see where he missed anything, maybe I did too?

+1
    What am I missing? The article says that vigilantes went into a town and threw out drug runners and arrested corrupt police. This is bad how? I'm happy to see the people fed up with the crap and finding a means to right a wrong that the corrupt government won't.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Ok I'm in.
    We have employed a dozen or so seasonal employees from Mexico over the past 8 years.(100% legal so we don't have to have that argument again)
    3 of them are well educated and one is involved politically at the local level.

I feel safe in assuming these police were on the take and the locals were fed up with the cartels getting away with murder. They may all be dead by sunrise but they are willing to stand up. Sometimes when you punch the bully in the mouth he will back off, sometimes he will crush you. But I for one commend these men for doing what they believe is right.

Just because they have badges doesn't mean they are the good guys.

I am not in any way shape or form, nor do I advocate, bashing of our local LEOs.

Last edited:

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Ok, I can predict where this thread is heading so I'll just say everything I have to say at once since people seem to be stretching my words way out of context.

The situation in Mexico is FUBAR, and totally different from what we have going on this country. Local police corruption and involvement with the cartels is something that has been proven to be very widespread in Mexico. The Mexican government even fired an ENTIRE town's police department for this kind of thing. Vigilantism overall is a dangerous thing, but given their situation you can't blame these people for wanting to free their communities from this insanity.

I posted this as an example of why a country's population should be well-armed, so they can defend themselves against criminals of all kinds when their government fails to. However I am speaking in regards to Mexico's situation here, and any suggestion that I'm advocating imitating their actions in the U.S is silly.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    This is an example of why the 2nd Amendment is still very important today.

+1
    What am I missing? The article says that vigilantes went into a town and threw out drug runners and arrested corrupt police. This is bad how? I'm happy to see the people fed up with the crap and finding a means to right a wrong that the corrupt government won't.

I feel safe in assuming these police were on the take and the locals were fed up with the cartels getting away with murder. They may all be dead by sunrise but they are willing to stand up. Sometimes when you punch the bully in the mouth he will back off, sometimes he will crush you. But I for one commend these men for doing what they believe is right.

Just because they have badges doesn't mean they are the good guys.

I am not in any way shape or form, nor do I advocate, bashing of our local LEOs.

The situation in Mexico is FUBAR, and totally different from what we have going on this country. Local police corruption and involvement with the cartels is something that has been proven to be very widespread in Mexico. The Mexican government even fired an ENTIRE town's police department for this kind of thing. Vigilantism overall is a dangerous thing, but given their situation you can't blame these people for wanting to free their communities from this insanity.

I posted this as an example of why a country's population should be well-armed, so they can defend themselves against criminals of all kinds when their government fails to. However I am speaking in regards to Mexico's situation here, and any suggestion that I'm advocating imitating their actions in the U.S is silly.

well said everyone

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, I can predict where this thread is heading so I'll just say everything I have to say at once since people seem to be stretching my words way out of context.

Nice explanation that was not needed.
    Some get a little nervous with the thought of the police not being the absolute authority.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom