Ascension Parish Sheriff's Range (Gonzales)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mountainair26

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Lafayette, La
    Does anyone know when/if the 300 yard range is open to the public or is only for competitions? Do they allow you to bring your own steel gong targets and stands if range-officer approved? (ar-500 steel or better)

Also, does anyone know if Tannerite is allowed if done in a safe manner? Sorry if that is not an approved forum topic, I'm new here. Seems like a 300 yard range and Sheriff range-officers would be the proper place to do that safely if they permit it. Thanks

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Does anyone know when/if the 300 yard range is open to the public or is only for competitions? Do they allow you to bring your own steel gong targets and stands if range-officer approved? (ar-500 steel or better)

Also, does anyone know if Tannerite is allowed if done in a safe manner? Sorry if that is not an approved forum topic, I'm new here. Seems like a 300 yard range and Sheriff range-officers would be the proper place to do that safely if they permit it. Thanks

No tannerite. No you can't bring your own steel. The 300yd range is open ONLY if Mr. George is there to run it. There's no way to know unless you show up. Also he may not be there until closing time. I will say that most of the times I have been there Mr. George has been there at the 300yd range but not every time. There are two steel targets setup at the 300yd mark that you are allowed to shoot at. If you want to shoot 200yds or 250 etc they have paper stands you can put up yourself. PM me if you have any more questions.

mountainair26

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Lafayette, La
    Ascension range is shut down this Thursday and for the foreseeable future, like all the other public ranges, if anyone was wondering. Just called the training division. :thumbsdown:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom