will there ever be .22 again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arabseal

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Past month I have been calling and going to different pawn shops and all big bix stores. . Not a single bullet. I found 1 pawn shop who was selling them for more than I got 9mm at Walmart.

Will there ever be a normal supply of .22 again?

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I check slick guns and gunbot and order it when deals come up. Cabelas has been fantastic and I pick it up at the store so no shipping fees. Other than that you are sheet out of luck in BR. It amazes me still that they can't make more. Maybe they are and it is getting bought up.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I check slick guns and gunbot and order it when deals come up. Cabelas has been fantastic and I pick it up at the store so no shipping fees. Other than that you are sheet out of luck in BR. It amazes me still that they can't make more. Maybe they are and it is getting bought up.

I have had zero issue also getting .22lr over the past year doing the same thing. I have gotten thousands of rounds from cabelas online alone.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    The price is cray, but Spillway Sporstman does have .22 ammo. 50rd boxes, no bulk I saw recently.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    A better question is, will $.10 a round for basic plinking ammo be a bargain in the future, if you can get your hands on it?

It will come back down. I'm waiting for it to hit three or four cents for my preferred brands. At that point I'll be ready to drop a few bucks on 30 or 40 thousand. Until then I'm rationing out my stash to make sure that I have plenty on hand as a buffer.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Yes, there will. Also - if this supply issue lasts for another year or so I see investors getting together to make some $$$$$ based upon demand. These investors will be foreign because any startup costs for an American business is cost prohibitive because of our laundry list of restrictions and rules. I would not be surprised if a company from Brazil, Argentina, or some other South American country starts producing 22LR. I'm surprised MagTech (brasil) has not ramped up 22LR production.
    I wish they would allow Chinese ammo to be imported like they did in the 80's.....Why not? hell they manufacture everything else for us. Why not let them import 22LR but keep restrictions on so called "high-power" ammo such as 5.56 or 7.62. Chinese would have to call them "Burrets" instead of Bullets.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    I was at Bass Pro on Sunday. Had CCI and one other brand I couldn't tell. Limit 2 boxes / customer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You mean, will we ever be able to buy the 550 rd Rem/Fed. Bulk Box (Hollow Points) for $11 @ Wal-Mart again?

NO! ..never...Think of it like Gas Prices.

...and especially with the lead plant going down.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Yes it's out there in little pockets at relatively normal prices.
    Just like anything, a few people can screw it up for everyone else.
    6 people can make the rounds in Lafayette and buy up what is out there, a dozen can do so in Baton Rouge. Get off the beaten path and its out there.

kajunprepper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Convent LA
    Democrat Walmart employee/voters, who eat better than I do with my tax dollars, are the problem. Buying/reselling or holding for partner and split profits.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Democrat Walmart employee/voters, who eat better than I do with my tax dollars, are the problem. Buying/reselling or holding for partner and split profits.

Your welcome to join them if you feel they got it so good. And if you do call me when the .22 is back in stock I will kick ya back a few bucks.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    got lucky at walmart last weekend. i got a couple boxes (told me I could only buy 2), and then the wife got a couple boxes as well. I dunno what i paid but it wasnt as expensive as the 9mm (which was a shy bit under 20.00)

its out there just gotta look and be patient, and as stated above, tackle it when you see it.

Top Bottom