VATA Tactical Pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    AAR?

Many of us have not a clue what an AAR is/stands for-care to share?

I've been wanting to do this same class this year.

Dirty

markwofford

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have taken pistol and carbine courses with Greg and Destin. They are both very dedicated, knowledgable and excellent to shoot with. I know that when they are out of country, sometimes other instructors run their classes, so I couldn't speak specifically to any of them. However, I'm certain they would be qualified, or they wouldn't be working with them, since Greg and Destin are very professional and treat training as a very critical, life saving tool. As well, they have a lot of specific drills and structure to their class, so I'm certain that would carry over with other instructors. If you go to YouTube and search VATA Training Group, you'll find a number of videos of Greg and Destin that should give you an idea of their philosophy, knowledge and training. I think it would be the RARE person that wouldn't learn from them. In addition to the instructions, they are both really cool guys and it's a great way to get in a lot of quality shooting. I think you'll find their courses well worth your time, money and effort. I highly recommend VATA.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Thanks, guys. I'm an experienced shooter but I've never done any dynamic or combat-oriented training. I've checked them out on YouTube and on their website, which got me thinking that their Tactical Pistol and Active Shooter classes look like a good start for the sort of training I'm looking for.

kw4570gov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2009
    Our family did a private group Intro To Tactical Pistol last March. This was our first experience in an actual training class. It was time and money well spent. The instructors were very professional, knowledgeable, and personable. There were six of us in the class and our knowledge ranged from long time shooters to only knowing this is a gun. I will be spending my money with them again.

Kent

Top Bottom