Need suggestions for a documentary

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Since you're up near Shreveport:
    1) people without a pot to **** in losing their $ to "one armed bandits".
    2) the Red River, and the story of Capt Shreve.
    3) making/history of the meat pie. (nachitoches)
    4)the lost town (now at the bottom of Toleo Bend)
    5) b-52s and the history of Barksdale.
    6) rags to riches....how the finding of the natural gas field has changed the community south of Shreve.
    7) Candy and Trixie: LSU Medical Students by Day, center stage at Deju Vu by night...

I suggest these, as you said "we". I assume there are some in the group that may be "luke-warm" to the idea of firearms, etc.

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    You'll get tons of ideas about different topics. To me, the most interesting thing is always the people behind the scenes that actually make things work. No matter what the topic (shooting community, charity groups, veterans groups, etc. Etc....) the real story is what ALL those topics have in common. They all have people who day in and day out just show up and make it work for whatever reasons. Usually a love of something or other. Listening to people talk about what they are passionate about is way more interesting than someone explaining a hobby or what a group does. Probably sometimes funnier too.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I suggest these, as you said "we". I assume there are some in the group that may be "luke-warm" to the idea of firearms, etc.

Yes, a group will be deciding and they don't really seem to be the firearm type.

All of these are great ideas so far and I will compile a list from this thread and present it to the group in a few days. I appreciate all of the responses. Please keep them coming!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Make a film on how to make the perfect spaghetti...and then the day you present it, bring spaghetti for everyone. Win.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I like the higgins boat Idea,
    I was also thinking the history of the USS kid, or any of the local battleships we have docked.. like here or Alabama.
    perhaps the loss of the marsh areas?
    Or the connections between no sex education in our schools and the #1 rated HIV and Hep c in the nation??

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Antique Tractors (from Farm Implement to Collector). Center the documentary around Stevens Tractor Company in Coushatta. In their words, they are "The South's Premier Tractor Parts Supplier" and extremely well-regarded among those collecting and rebuilding farm tractors. Some rebuild antique tractors for nostalga, some because they are working tools and it just makes sense keep them running properly, some collectors who like to display and show.

You could go several ways with this: How a small business in Coushatta grew to be such a large entity, How mail/internet/catalog sales have made a difference to a typical store-front business, The world of collectors, The durability of US manufactured machinery, The mechanization of farming, The urban tractor afficionado, etc.

http://www.stevenstractor.com/

I like them because they are my "go to" for keeping my '49 8N Ford going. Not a whole lot of 65 year old moter vehicles still running, in their original form.

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    How beer is made? Abita is a popular beer, but seems to be accessable. College kids, beer, just saying.

Top Bottom