Oath keepers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    So I guess next question would be is anybody here a member and what do y'all do as a chapter. Not necessarily interested in joining, but interested in what exactly this organization does.

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    I heard about it on this guys channel. He seems to have some interesting points and good ideas.

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    I'm just curious, are you in agreement with the 10 Oath Keeper orders they will not obey? Is so, why? Please explain ... :ohreally:

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    It's interesting... What a noble cause too! The group is open to military, law enforcement, firefighters... Not trying to start anything, just curious though: are these the only defenders of our Constitution? For example, take a look at the Oath of Allegiance. Those who did not have a privilege, a true blessing of being born in this great country, and had to get their citizenship through a lengthy and rather costly process of naturalization, here's what they say:

Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

Oath

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship...ization-oath-allegiance-united-states-america

I took that oath years ago and meant every word of it with all my heart...

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    It's great that these members are so patriotic, but isn't this kind of a redundant organization? I mean it's comprised of mostly military (current and ex) and law enforcement am I right? If you are already a member of an organization that is sworn to protect the Constitution, then why join another organization designed for the same purpose? I for one think that our military and law enforcement do an excelent job of protecting our Constitution. If they do not feel that they are doing an adquate job at it in their current position, then they maybe need to make a change. As an American citizen who is no longer enlisted or work in law enforcement, I know what my duties are to protect the Constitution. I don't need to pay dues to an organization to remind me. Now the politicians could use a reminder. :mamoru: <Rant over>

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    I think it's a way to network and share like ideas. I don't think there is anything wrong with meeting a few days a month with like minded people and organize. How many ex military or current get together and plan for worst case scenarios? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I just don't hear of it occuring. If something was to happen woudn't you rather be around a group like this that has a plan than fending for yourself. I guess this goes back to the question " is it better being a lone wolf in a crisis?" I know where I want to be and the type of people I want to be around. Get ready to be ready! Do you not study for an exam before taking the test?

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I think it is redundant. I'd rather spend my spare time at the range/or taking classes focused on better improving my shooting and moving skills. You'd be better off training your wives and children how to effectively place rounds down range than bitch about Obama and his cronies for a few hours a week in my opinion. How does the rank structure work? Where are the dues appropriated and are these people being held accountable for their body weight and equipment standards? When the shtf (affixing tinfoil) do they expect you to leave your families at home, unprotected while you go off and fight the good fight? Who will be in charge of comms and encrypting a new fill for radios every x amount of hours, and who are carrying out background checks in order to make sure the good cause isnt being infiltrated by The Man?

Waste of time. Get your relatives and immediate family involved in training. It will be near impossible to reach anyone across 14 parishes with cell blackout and an electrical grid shut down.

/rant

22doberman22

choot'em
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    Prairieville
    Thats all fine and great and I'm not saying that we shouldn't train our families , but I think Oath Keepers are much more than that....It's happening without a trigger being pulled. Look what's happening to Connecticut right now, it just so happens they are back in the news again today(http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...rtedly-sending-to-owners-of-illegal-firearms/).

I don't know much about the Oath Keepers that's why I posted this thread, to see if anyone is a member and knows more of what goes on than what is on their site. It just seems to me learning our Constitution in depth and knowing your rights can sometimes be more of an asset than a gun in hand.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    Some people just feel the need to belong to groups. I for one, do not.

I took all of my oaths seriously and still do today. I do not have to join a support group to, somehow, validate myself or, prove my loyalty to America. Either you believe in your oath/oaths or, you don't. I am not paying more dues to yet another group that doesn't benefit me in any way.

Al

p.s. I do know this is an old thread but, what the heck.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Some people just feel the need to belong to groups. I for one, do not.

I took all of my oaths seriously and still do today. I do not have to join a support group to, somehow, validate myself or, prove my loyalty to America. Either you believe in your oath/oaths or, you don't. I am not paying more dues to yet another group that doesn't benefit me in any way.

Al

p.s. I do know this is an old thread but, what the heck.

How did you even find this?!

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    holy hell i thought this was a new thread, then seen date. way to resurrect the dead.

Top Bottom