What should I do with this parts kit?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Im going through my things, getting rid of stuff, and I came across an AK kit I "put back" when I was building them. (I still have quite a few, but I'm out of the building game)

It's an excellent condition Romanian "G kit" with the original barrel, matching numbers, dated 1986, with a serial number of "0001"

No dak had stopped doing custom serials by the time I got it, otherwise....

I've got no particular interest in having it, it would be just another AK.

Should I put it on gunbroker, if so.... How much? Other options?
    I have to think someone would think its more special than I.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Sad to hear you're "out of the game." I've built about 27 AKs, and I have another 40 or so put back, and I can't imagine a time when I'd tire of building guns. I guess it happens though. Sorry to see you leave the game old friend.

Crippler7815

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Morrison, CO
    I'm more of an AR guy, and I don't know what I don't know. What's the story on putting together AK's? Do you have to cut and bend the receiver by itself? Is it included in a parts kit, or is that something you have to source separately?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I'm more of an AR guy, and I don't know what I don't know. What's the story on putting together AK's? Do you have to cut and bend the receiver by itself? Is it included in a parts kit, or is that something you have to source separately?

Here you go:

http://www.my-rifle.com/ak build tutorial.asp

You can buy an AK receiver if you can find it, but what's the fun in that? May as well buy the whole AK. It costs less that way.

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I wish I had, the tools and ak parts kit before when they were affordable, I would gladly build them if I had afoordable tools abd kits... right now its almost the same cost to build an ak as it is to buy a complete one.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Pick a friend that has never owned an AK and build it with him. Let him have the whole thing for free as long as he promises never to part with it. Make him promise if he moves to a communist state that he leaves the rifle with you until he moves back.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Did you ever build on the one I sold you? It was the kit that was demilled and all the wood redone.

Not sure. I'm sorry, but I don't remember.

Sad to hear you're "out of the game." I've built about 27 AKs, and I have another 40 or so put back, and I can't imagine a time when I'd tire of building guns. I guess it happens though. Sorry to see you leave the game old friend.

I may get back into it one day. With the way my health is, I'm pretty much out of everything.
    I'm sadder about not riding my motorcycles...

Pick a friend that has never owned an AK and build it with him. Let him have the whole thing for free as long as he promises never to part with it. Make him promise if he moves to a communist state that he leaves the rifle with you until he moves back.

Already did that when parts kits were $99!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom