Highpower Rifle clinic, may 25-26, Donaldsonville and Gonzales LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    The Louisiana Shooting Association is putting on an Introduction to Highpower Rifle clinic on Saturday May 25 and Sunday May 26. This two day clinic with the first day of instruction lasting until noon. Clinic would encompass a classroom block and a firing block to teach the three positions of highpower shooting. The second day would be a match fired at 200yds at the Ascension parish sheriffs range in Gonzales by Lamar Dixon. Time starting for both days would be 730 am, and finishing up on Saturday at about 1200. On Sunday we would finish around 1300.
    This clinic is only open to members of the LSA' and has no tuition fee, however the match on sunday requires an entry fee of $15. Membership is 10$ for adults and 5$ for juniors 20yoa and under per year and you can sign up on line here. You will need to set up an account to do this online' or you can bring your money and sign up that morning.
    http://www.louisianashooting.com/lsa/showdept.php?action=show&nu_department_id=4&caller=index
    Firearms, national match ar15' are available to LSA members for a fee of $5 and are FREE for junior shooters between the ages of 14-20 yo. If you provide your own rifle LSA will provide other equipment such as mats, coats, spotting scopes, at no cost. Ammo for .223 would be available for purchase for $50 or you could provide your own 55gr ball ammo. Juniors recieve free ammo. This clinic and match will require 100 rounds of ammo,
    If desired, participants could use their own rifles of the following make . M1a/m14, m1 garand, ar15 in the full length a2,a1,or a4, 1903 or 1903a3, 1917. Rifles will need to have iron sights and a front sling swivel capable of accepting a 1.25" sling. Shooters providing their own rifles should also have a leather 1907 type sling or usgi web sling. We may have a few extras for use that day.

If interested please email me at jklaws@louisianashooting.com.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm super strapped for spare time but very interested and will watch for updates.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    The cost will be free to LSA members, so 10$ To join if you are not already. Cost for adults 21 and up is 5$ for the use of the rifle and ammo will be available at a cost of $50 for 100 rds of .223 ammo. No other calibers will be provided so if you bring a garand or m1a you will need to provide your own ammo. The clinic and the match together will require 100 rds total. If you use an LSA rifle you can provide your own brass cased ammo , 55 gr or 62 gr ball ammo will suffice as we will only be shooting at 200 yds. It looks like we will be doing this may 24th and 25th.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Can we bring our own factory 223 ammo?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    To answer some questions I have been asked, high power is a discipline that uses iron sights . If you have your own rifle and wish to participate it should have iron sights , no scopes or red dots. Also, some people have asked about the use of mausers and other milsurps, those will be fine but not optimal for your first learning experience in high power . We, the LSA have rifles , just for this purpose, which is why we only charge. 5$ per event to adults for their use, 20, and under get free use and free ammo as long as they are LSA members.
    And yes you can provide your own factory ammo fir this event, as long as it is good quality brass cased. American eagle , surplus , etc is fine, just no steel cased wolf or Tula.
    It looks like the tentative date for this will be Saturday may 24, followed by the monthly match at Gonzales on Sunday may 25.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I went to a clinic ages ago at Ft Polk, conducted by the USMC Rifle Team. The classroom part was outstanding, not to mention seeing the Marines "walk the walk" in the shooting stages. If I recall correctly, the classes included shooting positions (had each individual at the clinic get into the various positions, then the instructors offered improvements), use of the sling (found out I needed a longer sling than I currently had), contents of a shooter's kit ("what I bring to a match", and then alternatives [binoculars in place of scope, carpet scrap in place of shooting mat], and also how to properly clean and lubricate your weapon. The clinic I attended was time well spent and I urge everyone to take advantage of this offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom