Watches, watches and more watches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    e1654a16457551e5f754c042e3e68ed5.jpg

My newest addition. I really like that it’s all blacked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JustinB

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Metairie
    I'll play.

Omega Seamaster 300. Has a nice lume in the dark.

"The watch from Goldeneye"

Attachments

• image1.jpg
      image1.jpg
      243.1 KB · Views: 95
    • image2.jpg
      image2.jpg
      212.1 KB · Views: 88

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Beautiful.

Working on fusee movements is enough to make a person drink. Look at the fusee chain under a strong magnifying glass someday ... and imagine having to rivet each of those links by hand.

Mike

For sure. I am amazed that there are people out there who know how to make something as intricate as a pocket watch work. Esp the ones who were doing it back in the early days.

Luckily for me I have a good pocket watch man who knows how to work on them.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    MTM Black Falcon. Worn for about 6 years and been repaired by the factory once after a serious accident. It’s solid and worn well.

82a887defb1e0e335177edc9270a03d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    My workhorse. Have had this watch many years. Replaced the rubber band several times and then found the current band it like it much better. The Louisiana summers and working outside was killing the rubber bands though.

Attachments

• 8315C123-CE6F-434C-A12C-99A25F53B4FD.jpg
      8315C123-CE6F-434C-A12C-99A25F53B4FD.jpg
      224 KB · Views: 130

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Been wearing this 39mm ceramic bezel steinhardt mostly (over the squale and submariner). It’s proven tough, keeps good time, good reserve, and the solid end link, threaded 20-18mm taper bracelet is classy and well made. The only thing it’s missing is the divers extension, and the other two have that if go get wet. And it’s the cheaper of the three! Uses ETA 2824 movement. And the chrome rings around the lume (which is great btw) adds a nice classy touch. I have thought about trying to get the periscope off it, but I’m leery of doing it myself.

ymbNgAS.jpg

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Still like the Parnis? Any negative feedback on it? Pretty accurate keeping time? Thanks.

I do still love it. Even among the rest of my watches it gets a fair share of wrist time. I recently put it on a Hirsh calf leather strap for something a little less flashy. It's keeping about +10sec/day which is pretty impressive at this price point. I did bang it against a desk and had the bezel insert fall off, but a dab of glue and it's better than new.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Been wearing this 39mm ceramic bezel steinhardt mostly (over the squale and submariner). It’s proven tough, keeps good time, good reserve, and the solid end link, threaded 20-18mm taper bracelet is classy and well made. The only thing it’s missing is the divers extension, and the other two have that if go get wet. And it’s the cheaper of the three! Uses ETA 2824 movement. And the chrome rings around the lume (which is great btw) adds a nice classy touch. I have thought about trying to get the periscope off it, but I’m leery of doing it myself.

ymbNgAS.jpg

Man, I love my Ocean 1 Bronze. Like you said they're tough, accurate, and a hell of a deal. I was seriously looking at a Tudor Heritage Bronze but I couldn't be more pleased with the German piece. It has some great lume too!

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Uses ETA 2824 movement.

As much as I hate to admit it, ETA really got it right with the 28xx series of movements. From a watchmaking perspective they're about as exciting as a Glock 17, but the damn things are virtually indestructible.

Almost 25 years ago I cut my teeth as a watchmaker on 2824's. Got out of that business a long time ago, but I can still close my eyes and see the automatic winding mechanism's inner workings.

Mike

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Man, I love my Ocean 1 Bronze. Like you said they're tough, accurate, and a hell of a deal. I was seriously looking at a Tudor Heritage Bronze but I couldn't be more pleased with the German piece. It has some great lume too!

I like that bronze. Tudor now uses in house movements I think. But those are a bit large for me. My skinny wrists can’t support much more than 39mm else it looks like a wrist clock. That’s slick. Makes me consider a band for mine.

As much as I hate to admit it, ETA really got it right with the 28xx series of movements. From a watchmaking perspective they're about as exciting as a Glock 17, but the damn things are virtually indestructible.

Almost 25 years ago I cut my teeth as a watchmaker on 2824's. Got out of that business a long time ago, but I can still close my eyes and see the automatic winding mechanism's inner workings.

Mike

I agree. I like them. I have three with that movement (last is tissot lelocle). My buddy is a watchmaker and does my stuff for me. I need to get my submariner serviced and mainspring replaced (i think, only holds about 20 hrs), but even with connection it can still be spendy. The ETA’s ain’t so.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom